Posted on: January 17, 2020
Gordian is the world's leading provider of facility and
construction cost data, software and services for all phases of the
building lifecycle. A pioneer of Job Order Contracting (JOC),
Gordian's offerings also include our proprietary RSMeans data and
Sightlines Facility Intelligence solutions. From planning to
design, procurement, construction and operations, Gordian's
solutions help clients maximize efficiency, optimize cost savings
and increase building quality. Gordian is a part of the
international business group Fortive, with 26,000 people employed
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental,
vision, life and LTD insurance, HSA, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
The Gordian Finance team is a group of dynamic, results-driven and
passionate individuals focused on providing world class financial
support to Gordian and our parent company Fortive. We believe in
leveraging standard work while championing continuous process
improvement to be the most efficient and effective at our
individual and team responsibilities. We train and develop our
teams to be successful in their roles and prepared for new
opportunities as they become available. If this sounds like a team
you want to be on, we have an opportunity for you to join us.
This position is responsible for the maintenance of assigned
general ledger accounts and/or subsidiary ledgers, the preparation
of monthly journal entries, the research and reconciliation of
accounts and related schedules, the preparation of business
applications and business license forms and filings, the
preparation and review of sales tax filings, the preparation of
responses to ad hoc reporting requests and the completion of ad hoc
- Perform overall management of specified general ledger duties
including the following:
- Record standard and non-standard journal entries as
- Ensure monthly closings for areas of responsibility occur in a
timely and manner, and that all necessary entries are posted.
- Ensure sub-ledgers and reports are reconciled to the general
- Manage sales tax returns process by either preparing the
necessary tax returns or reviewing and confirming the accuracy of
returns prepared by others.
- Identify and implement procedures to improve accuracy and
efficiency of the general ledger function.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for all assigned
general ledger accounts, with ability to research and resolve
- Assist in the review of expense reports, as needed, and manage
the weekly T&E reimbursement process.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and weekly cash reporting and
- Coordinate with other departments (e.g. AR, AP, payroll, etc.)
to obtain necessary information
- Complete ad-hoc research, reporting, or other projects, upon
- Undertake additional duties or assignments, which may be given
from time to time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration,
with an emphasis in Accounting is required.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in General Accounting; multi-
state sales tax experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with large ERP system preferred.
- Experience with lease accounting preferred.
- Strong and effective communication and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills - Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Suite a must.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to
detail. Accuracy is a must.
- Ability to be proactive, acting independently and
- Thorough and completeness in work quality.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of
Professional Instrumentation and Industrial Technologies businesses
that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With 2017
revenues of $6.7 billion, Fortive's well-known brands hold leading
positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing,
product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team
of more than 26,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales,
distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 50
countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges
that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture
rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company's
operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more
information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Keywords: Gordian, Greenville , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!