Ambulatory Coder Professional Billing, FT, Days, - Remote
Company: Prisma Health
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.Job
SummaryResponsible for abstracting and validating CPT, ICD-10 and
HCPCS codes for inpatient, outpatient and physicians office/clinic
settings.Adheres to coding and compliance guidelines. Maintains
knowledge of coding/billing updates and payer specific coding
- Abstracts/codes for assigned provider(s)/Division(s) based on
medical record documentation. Adheres to all coding and compliance
- Utilizes appropriate coding software and coding resources in
order to determine correct codes.
- Follows departmental policies for charge corrections.
- Participates in coding educational opportunities (webinars, in
house training, etc.)
- Provides timely feedback to providers in order to clarify and
resolve coding concerns.
- Responsible for resolving all assigned pre-billing edits.
- Maintain knowledge of governmental and commercial payer
- Assists with Compliance Team and Coding Educators to identify
areas that need additional training.
- Communicates billing related issues to assigned
supervisor/manager and participates in A/R meetings in order to
improve overall billing when applicable.
- Mentor and assist in training for other coders and new team
members when applicable.Supervisory/Management ResponsibilitiesThis
is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager,
director or executive.Minimum EducationHighschool diplomaMinimum
Experience2 years of Professional Billing or combined
Coding/BillingIn Lieu of Minimum RequirementsAssociate's degree
with two years of professional billing, coding, or combined
experience is preferred.Required
CoderWork ShiftDay (United States of America)LocationIndependence
PointeFacility1500 Midlands CorporateDepartment15009532 Clinical
Documentation ImprovementShare your talent with us! Our vision is
simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities
we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented
individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Keywords: Prisma Health, Greenville , Ambulatory Coder Professional Billing, FT, Days, - Remote, Accounting, Auditing , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!