Ambulatory Coder Professional Billing, FT, Days, - Remote
Company: Prisma Health
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.Job
SummaryResponsible for abstracting and validating CPT, ICD-10 and
HCPCS codes for inpatient, outpatient and physicians office/clinic
settings.Adheres to coding and compliance guidelines. Maintains
knowledge of coding/billing updates and payer specific coding
- Abstracts/codes for assigned provider(s)/Division(s) based on
medical record documentation. Adheres to all coding and compliance
- Utilizes appropriate coding software and coding resources in
order to determine correct codes.
- Follows departmental policies for charge corrections.
- Participates in coding educational opportunities (webinars, in
house training, etc.)
- Provides timely feedback to providers in order to clarify and
resolve coding concerns.
- Responsible for resolving all assigned pre-billing edits.
- Maintain knowledge of governmental and commercial payer
- Assists with Compliance Team and Coding Educators to identify
areas that need additional training.
- Communicates billing related issues to assigned
supervisor/manager and participates in A/R meetings in order to
improve overall billing when applicable.
- Mentor and assist in training for other coders and new team
members when applicable.Supervisory/Management ResponsibilitiesThis
is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager,
director or executive.Minimum EducationHighschool diplomaMinimum
Experience2 years of Professional Billing or combined
Coding/BillingIn Lieu of Minimum RequirementsAssociate's degree
with two years of professional billing, coding, or combined
experience is preferred.Required
CoderWork ShiftDay (United States of America)LocationPatewood Outpt
Ctr/Med OfficesFacility7001 CorporateDepartment70019178 Medical
Group Coding & Education ServicesShare your talent with us! Our
vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the
communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires
talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Keywords: Prisma Health, Greenville , Ambulatory Coder Professional Billing, FT, Days, - Remote, Accounting, Auditing , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...