Supervisor, General Accounting
Posted on: April 17, 2019
The position is responsible for coordinating and supervising the
day-to-day accounting operations of ScanSource N.A. Specifically,
this includes, general ledger maintenance, reviewing account
reconciliations, analyzing operating expenses with close attention
to detail, business unit and cost center reporting, and
consolidated SEC financial statement reporting. Other duties
include: developing intercompany management charges, and special
projects as assigned.
Essential Job Duties:
* Develops and reviews methodology for monthly SG&A accruals in
accordance with GAAP. Monthly accruals to include legal, payroll,
accounting, insurance, professional fees, and other miscellaneous
* Responsible for all account reconciliation process on a monthly
basis, including research, review and follow-up to maintain current
and accurate detail of balances.
* Monthly maintenance of intercompany accounts to include billing,
review, and resolution of any out of balance items to insure
accuracy of financial functions preformed on behalf of affiliate
* Ensure compliance with established closing timeframes.
Maintaining a proper control environment according to SOX.
* Assists with the development of cost center reporting and
corporate allocations to insure accurate analysis of trends and
variances for general ledger accounts.
* Liaisons with management from other departments to resolve
issues, assist with the preparation of SEC schedules for quarterly
and annual financial reporting.
* Ability to create organized spreadsheets using Excel for
presentation to management and/or auditors.
* Researches and documents new procedures and projects
* Ability to supervise and mentor staff. Preparation and review of
team members' goals and evaluations. Promotes teamwork, and assist
with departmental training.
* Become primary back-up for Director, Accounting & Financial
* Other duties as assigned.
* Regular attendance is an essential function of the Supervisor,
General Accounting position
* Director, Accounting & Financial Reporting
* Supervises staff accountants and outsourced accountants
* Interacts with co-workers, executive management, outside
accounting firms, auditors, and tax officials, etc.
* Bachelors Degree - Accounting or Finance
* Computer literate
* Minimum of 3-5 years of corporate, general or public accounting
* Excellent communication, organizational, and multi-tasking
* Ability to work under pressure, meeting targeted deadlines with
minimal supervision and training
* Proficiency in foreign language (Spanish, Portuguese, French,
* SAP Experience
* Ability to sit a computer terminal for long periods of time
* Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at
designated company office location during normal business hours
designated for the position
* Ability to travel, if required
* Ability to lift up to 25lbs
ScanSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: scansource, Greenville , Supervisor, General Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!