Sportsclub Congaree Office Coordinator
Company: Bon Secours
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!Primary
Function/General Purpose of PositionResponsible for complete and
accurate processing of all scheduled and non-scheduled patient
accounts to include - pre-registration, pre-certification,
insurance verification, communication of payment options/deposit
requirement and explanation of registration procedures.Employment
- Education: Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
Prefer individual to have knowledge of medical terminology.
Successful completion of appropriate Connect Care training modules
for position/location. Release of Information should also be
- Experience: No experience required.
- Recommended knowledge/skills:
- Knowledge insurance deductible/co-insurance requirements for
Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and third party payor.
- Excellent mathematical skills are necessary.
- Personal computer skills and knowledge of operation of routine
office equipment is required.
- Verbal and written communication skills - in order to conduct
patient interviews and obtain financial data and to interact
effectively with hospital staff and physicians.
- Ability to diffuse volatile situations in a calm, objective and
- Able to pay close attention to detail when reviewing clerical
work for errors.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality per HIPPA
- Licensure, Registration, or Certification: No certification
required. Rehab encourages professional growth/expertise.Essential
- Provides excellent customer service to patients and family
members by reducing unnecessary registration wait times, conducting
professional courteous interviews, responding to requests for
information timely and factually, directing patients to service
areas and providing prompt resolution to patient complaints.
- Obtains/enters demographic and financial data during
pre-registration/registration of the patient.
- Updates information pertaining to the patient's account, enable
the account to be accurate and current.
- Arranges proper scheduling according to the physician,
discipline, diagnosis and coordinates schedule across resources to
maximize appointment timeliness/consistency.
- Coordinates additional resources as appropriate (i.e.
- Receives messages, mail orders, and phone calls. Takes messages
as appropriately and routes to individual, voice mail and/or
zip-its. Notifies appropriate discipline of new order and/or
message. Schedules outpatient appointments as needed.
- Verifies patient charges.
- Posts data into rehab shared drive/productivity.
- Completes monthly charge reconciliation reports.
- Assists with tabulation of data for monthly reports.
- Obtains proper signatures, completes all other documentation as
necessary (i.e. consent form, Advance Directives, HIPPA,
requirements for Medicare/Tricare).
- Makes copies/scans of insurance/id cards.
- Prepares and scans all necessary forms, print
- Calculates and requests upfront deposits and co-payments.
Prepares cash receipts. Assists patients with basic financial
questions and refers difficult issues to central business
- Identifies medical services and insurance plans requiring
pre-certification; contacts insurance company or physician's office
to obtain authorization prior to services being rendered; notifies
patient or workers compensation coordinator when pre-certification
cannot be obtained prior to date of service; documents all activity
on the patient's communication log.
- Contacts insurance company or employer to verify insurance
eligibility and documents eligibility information in account
- Establishes primary and secondary order of insurance.
- Notifies patient when the eligibility determination will have
adverse effects on payment of the claim.
- Prepares and prints daily schedule; pulls patients charts for
the next day's appointments; monitors and flags 7th visits and
- Maintains outpatient files; keeps track of visit logs; monitors
plan of care signatures and follows up with physician offices to
obtain necessary plan of care or order in a timely manner.
- Orders and maintains office supplies, equipment and/or
- Identifies discharges charts, assists with closing out record
and sending appropriate original documentation to medical
- Maintains schedule for meeting/in-services/PTO.
- Greets, assists, and directs visitors, patients, and other
hospital callers. Ascertains the nature of their business; assists
and/or directs visitors and patients to various locations in the
hospital when appropriate.
- Typing of inter and intra-departmental correspondence, reports
and policies and procedures.
- Copies as needed and routes to appropriate individuals.
- Adheres to Bon Secours St. Frances Hospital rules, regulations
- Adheres to Bon Secours St. Francis Rehab professional behavior
- May require local travel.Bon Secours is an equal opportunity
employer.We'll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much moreScheduled Weekly Hours:40Work
Shift:Days/AfternoonsDepartment:Physical Therapy - St. Francis -
MillenniumAll applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or
protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on
the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the
affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health -
Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg,
Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If
you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a
reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection
process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at
Keywords: Bon Secours, Greenville , Sportsclub Congaree Office Coordinator , Administration, Clerical , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!