RFS Education & Development Specialist
Posted on: April 16, 2019
Provides departmental support in regard to the education,
development and training needs of the Reseller Financial Services
("RFS") team. Conducts formal education and development needs
analysis and plans, develops, conducts and evaluates programs based
on results of analysis. Assists in the design, coordination and
delivery of education curriculum for all skill levels from new hire
training to continuous educational development. Analyzes
information on education and development research, new materials,
methods and techniques and makes recommendations for their use.
Essential Job Duties:
* Conduct formal gap analysis to assess and prioritize the
educational needs and objectives of the RFS team.
* Validate and integrate feedback, assessments, and course
evaluations into current and new training course content and/or
* Based on identified team needs, manage the development and
delivery of education and development courses on a variety of
topics including, but not limited to, financial analysis,
leadership, management, change management and communication
* Customize education and development courses to meet the
identified educational needs of RFS through the use of
instructional techniques and formats, such as classroom training,
demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences,
workshops, team exercises, group discussions, role-playing,
simulations, videos, online portals, and lectures.
* Develop in-house education and development courses (classroom and
self-paced), job aids, and other educational materials to meet
identified education and development needs and objectives.
* Coordinate, implement and maintain new employee training.
* Analyze the learning needs of the RFS team and partner with
instructors and internal subject matter experts who will provide
and/or offer input for course content and/or design. Provide
train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts.
* Schedule classes and coordinate registration activities.
Coordinate the scheduling of classrooms, ordering of course
materials and supplies, duplication of handouts, etc. Publish a
training and events calendar for the RFS team. Coordinate the input
of employee training records into the Company HRIS database.
* Conduct follow-up activities with the employees participating in
the education and development programs to reinforce key concepts
and encourage adoption of new skills and behaviors acquired in the
educational sessions. Keep RFS leadership informed on the team's
education and development efforts, including how the leadership
group can assist in reinforcing desired skills and behaviors.
* Design and implement methods to measure the effectiveness of
educational and development programs. Use the results of the
measurement activities to improve current education and development
programs, create new programs or discontinue ineffective
* Assist in the coordination of various employee development
activities, potentially including career planning, individual
development plans, 360° assessments and other developmental
assessments, succession planning and other employee development
* Research outside education and develop programs and external
providers which could be used to meet an identified educational and
development need or objective.
* Keep apprised of current educational and development trends in
the market by reading current journals, books, and magazine
articles, and by participating in relevant professional
* Use Instructional System Design Principles ("ISDP") to design and
develop interactive, effective, user-friendly, and FUN eLearning,
virtual (ILT), and ILT training programs. You'll take these
programs from conception to implementation and maintenance using
e-learning, audio, and video software and create user workbooks and
other collaborative materials.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Reports directly to the Manager, Risk & Operational Efficiency
* External contacts include vendors, contractors and professional
* Internal contacts include all employees within the different
* Bachelor's degree in business, education, instructional design,
organization development, or related field.
* Must possess the ability to translate business goals and
objectives into realistic training curriculums, focused for a sales
* Must be able to explain technical concepts in non-technical
* Strong communication, time management, organizational, and
interpersonal skills as well as experience in managing multiple
projects in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
* Requires effective presentation and written communication skills,
excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy.
* Excellent understanding and use of Power Point and other
Microsoft Office Products.
* Technical writing skills required.
* Experience developing talent management programs designed to
support organizational strategy, including onboarding, performance
management, and succession planning, leadership and management
* Experience using Articulate, Captivate, Audacity and similar
authoring tools for developing e-learning content.
* Experience using a Learning Management System ("LMS"), such as
Cornerstone on Demand (or similar).
* Knowledge of online learning course development software.
* Three years' experience designing and delivering management and
leadership training and development, organization development
consultant or instructional designer/presenter.
* Master's degree in human resources, organization development,
instructional design, business or related field.
* Portuguese and Spanish preferred but not required.
* Ability to travel up to 10 to 15% of the time.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Some light moving of furniture
may be required for training room set-up.
* May include long periods of time sitting at computer
* An essential function for this position, based on business
necessity, is that the employee must be physically in attendance at
his/her workstation at the designated company office location
during the normal business hours designated for the position.
ScanSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: scansource, Greenville , RFS Education & Development Specialist, Education / Teaching , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!