Lead Information Security Engineer - Greenville, SC
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and
YouTube: /lumentechnologies. The Role The Lumen Threat Research
team is looking for an experienced security analyst to identify,
track, and summarize emerging threats on the internet. We need your
skills to help research, understand, and identify emerging threats
that are at the forefront of today's cybersecurity current events.
We are searching for a Security Research Engineer that has broad
knowledge of threats, and a desire to learn even more. You will
help us stay on top of emerging problems and track the world's
botnets that pose a threat to the internet and our customers. If
you have a passion for making the internet a safer place, and a
love of working with cutting edge technologies, this is the job you
have been looking for. The Main Responsibilities
- Administration of SIEM Platforms (Splunk, IBM QRadar, ArcSight,
LogRythm, McAfee ESM, Microsoft OMS, etc.)
- Develop custom content in SIEM Platforms
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and
implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of custom
correlation rules, reports, and dashboards.
- Analyzes performance and overall health of SIEM platform.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that
meet security requirements (relating to SIEM solutions and event
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical
problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in
solving these problems.
- Technology escalation point for SIEM and underlying event
- Manage endpoint security solution suites
- Meet client's operational and security goals utilizing cloud
products and technologies
- Perform Incident Response per the client's Incident Response
- Develop custom correlation, reports, and dashboards.
- Implementation and testing of custom parsers
- Configure and tune SIEM platform to ensure optimal
- Provide expertise in event collection and parsing related to
- Asses existing SIEM platform and identify key system flaws and
areas of improvement
- Perform annual assessment of SIEM configuration and custom
- Develop detailed supporting documentation regarding technical
projects (such as materials to support an architecture review
- Manage customer expectation and attend all mandatory review /
regulatory discussions related to the specific project being
- Help establish baseline and plan for improvement of a large
enterprise deployment of SIEM and event collection platform.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and
innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology
and presenting solutions to problems
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where
applicable. What We Look For in a Candidate
- Typically 8+ years of IT Security experience with Bachelor's
Degree, or equivalent education and experience; 6+ year of IT
Security experience with Master's Degree
- Expert in one of the following SIEM platforms: Splunk, IBM
QRadar, ArcSight, LogRythm, McAfee ESM, Microsoft OMS
- Experience writing custom parsers
- Exposure to at least one industry standard data parsing
- Security certification desired
- Advanced experience in networking (TCP/IP) protocols,
computer/network security, and system administration.
- Advanced knowledge of event collection technologies.
- Background in INFOSEC operations, endpoint management, and
- Windows and Linux skills desired
- Linux scripting skills desired What to Expect Next Requisition
#: 239452When applying for a position, you may be subject to a
background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report,
and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the
position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may
disqualify you from the new position or your current role.
Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.EEO
StatementWe are committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry,
citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability,
genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.DisclaimerThe above job definition
information has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees within this classification. It
is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and
responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business
needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Greenville , Lead Information Security Engineer - Greenville, SC, Engineering , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!