Veterans Preferred - Design Engineer - Greenville, SC
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Corporate Overview
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an
international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and
power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around
the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and
equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and
manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early,
and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first
practical method to control electricity through the pull chain
socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in
reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million
products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is
committed to continually innovating solutions that work,
transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we
Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a
broad range of non-residential and residential construction,
commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test
and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and
supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve
the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial
heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has
built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer
loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting
experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate
seamlessly into their environment,save energy, provide improved
quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with
Hubbell's unflinching support, its customers are able to
thinkdifferently about how, where, and when they can use light. As
one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America,
it features a suite ofbrands that provide a full range of indoor
and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial,
institutional, and residential markets.
Hubbell Lighting Inc.
701 Millennium Blvd
Greenville, SC 29607
The Design Engineer will design and develop new emergency lighting
solutions with a focus on mechanical aspects of solid state
lighting products and production tooling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support New Products Development (NPD) team to deliver new
products per established parameters, including performance, budget,
- Design and evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost
efficiency and reliability.
- Identify required tooling for production of fabricated,
extruded and molded components.
- Work with marketing, engineering, sourcing, and the production
staff at various facilities to ensure that all projects meet
internal and external customer requirements, including performance,
schedule and budget.
- Collaborate with international manufacturing operations
throughout product development, launch and production
- Request and evaluate testing (thermal, photometric, rain, dust)
as needed for third party certification (UL, CSA, DLC, etc.).
- Utilize Solid Edge CAD software for solid model design and
- Utilize SAP business software, including bill of material
creation and variant configurator input for modular bill of
- Utilize NPD Database process and tools to deliver new products,
on time, within specification.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in mechanical engineering.
Preferably in lighting industry, but not required.
- Proficiency in various CAD packages including AutoCAD, Solid
Edge or other solid modeling software. Microsoft Office (especially
Excel) a plus.
- Conceptual design creativity required.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and strong oral and
written communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- High volume, high mix manufacturing experience a plus.
- Design experience of parts and assemblies using
polycarbonate/acrylic lenses, extruded aluminum, cast aluminum,
injected molded plastics, or fabricated steel is also a plus.
- Solid State Lighting, optical design, and thermal modeling
experience is a plus.
- SAP and variant configurator experience is desired.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO
Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected
Nearest Major Market: Greenville
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Database, Testing, Technology
Keywords: Hubbell, Greenville , Veterans Preferred - Design Engineer - Greenville, SC, Engineering , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!