Manufacturing Engineer Internship
Posted on: January 16, 2022
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment
manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville,
SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a
relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness world class
equipment is designed to our customers goals of continuous
improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global
team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will
enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes
health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a
100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
Since ITWs founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of
the worlds leading diversified manufacturers of specialized
industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses.
ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe,
with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging
markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ
more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical
standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which
includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group,
Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement &
Electronics, and Specialty.
The Manufacturing Engineer Intern will focus on reviewing overall
equipment effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement.
This internship position needs to provide different methods to
improve efficiency, reduce cost or increase customer satisfaction,
specifically focusing on the improvement of manufacturing
processes, safety initiatives, and overall product quality. The
Manufacturing Engineer Intern will develop and measure standard
metrics, develop a project plan for implementing improvement ideas,
and work with front-line staff on different projects.
- Assisting in the continuous improvement of production, quality,
inventory, and cost through effective use of lean manufacturing
- Assisting in developing innovative processes, concepts, and
designing approaches for existing and new processes
- Identifying, improving, and solving problems related to
existing and new manufacturing processes and equipment
- Analyzing and reporting quantitative data
- Coordinating, communicating, and completing the assigned
projects on time and in scope.
- Responsible to track and coordinate continual process
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree in
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite especially Excel for data
- Knowledge of basic Manufacturing process, AutoCAD(SolidWorks)
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing, Kaizen, 5S, Root Cause
Analysis and Six Sigma
- Ability to identify problems and apply innovative approaches to
- Communication skills and teamwork
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Capable of lifting 35 lbs.
- Capable of bending and twisting
- The ability to stand or walk for an entire 8-hour shift
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Itw, Greenville , Manufacturing Engineer Internship, Engineering , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!