Patent Attorney or Agent - Mechanical Engineering
Company: Dority & Manning, P.A.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Do you enjoy engaging with a vibrant team, having the ability to
provide input on key decisions, and having access to leadership
training and professional development? Are you looking for a firm
where you can make a direct impact by closely partnering with
in-house counsel? Do you thrive in a casual and close-knit team
atmosphere that offers unique mentorship opportunities?
Dority & Manning has developed a dynamic, energetic, and inclusive
environment where all individuals are accepted, valued, empowered,
and able to meet their highest potential.
Our firm is a rapidly growing intellectual property boutique with a
unique approach to legal service and business operations. Not only
do we believe that success is built upon exceptional relationships
both internally and externally, but we also offer a distinctive
firm structure and innovative solutions tailored to individual
client needs. Our firm thrives on foundations of trust, openness,
and integrity to build an environment of true collaboration. We aim
to invest in our people, culture, and systems to create an
atmosphere where all people grow and succeed.
From start-up ventures to multinational, Fortune 100 corporations,
Dority & Manning represents a diverse set of organizations in all
aspects of intellectual property law. Our team works closely with
high-technology clients developing advancements in aerospace,
telecommunications, automotive systems, power generation, control
systems, and other innovative technologies to secure patent
protection and provide relevant strategic counsel.
- Partner with the D&M team and in-house teams to develop and
execute thoughtful and effective global IP strategies.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications.
- Draft opinions of counsel.
- Conduct due diligence investigations and perform
freedom-to-operate and landscape analyses.
- Assist in key litigation activities.
- Opportunities for strategic counseling through client-facing
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering,
General Engineering, Physics, or related fields of study and/or
- Must be a member of the U.S. patent bar.
- Minimum of 2 years of patent drafting and prosecution experience
- A respectful, friendly, and energetic environment built on
- A culture that thrives on collaboration, transparency, and team
- Immediate introduction and partnership with leading
high-technology clients, including Fortune 100 companies.
- Regular opportunities for travel and in-person client
- Professional trainer and training program to enhance each
individual skill set.
- Unique leadership and professional development opportunities.
- Formal mentoring program.
- Regular social gatherings and celebrations to build internal
relationships and to support charitable causes that mean the most
to our team.
- Opportunities for client Secondments.
- Emphasis on work/life balance.
- Sit and stand desks for all employees.
- No-meeting Wednesdays.
- Casual attire.
- 401k/Profit Sharing.
- Employer Paid Benefits Options for Employees
If this position resonates with you, we would love to speak with
you. To apply, please email a resume to:
Keywords: Dority & Manning, P.A., Greenville , Patent Attorney or Agent - Mechanical Engineering, Engineering , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!