Maintenance Mechanic Shop Technician C 2nd Shift
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Maintenance TechnicianAs a Maintenance Technician, you will get
the chance to use your technical and mechanical knowledge and
skills to help us keep our trucks running! With one of the Nations
largest fleets, providing an essential service to customers and
communities everywhere, you will play an important role in making
sure our fleet is reliable, keeping our drivers and communities
safe and running.What you will do:
- Work in partnership with drivers, dispatchers, and leadership
to perform necessary repairs, maintenance, or inspection or
- Diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not
limited to, chassis components, vehicle refuse bodies and control
systems, hydraulic, electrical, air brake systems, general engine
work, HVAC components, suspension, drive train, diesel emissions
and steering systems with limited supervision.
- When necessary, perform basic tire work. (Ex. replacement, tire
rotation, and tread depth checks).
- Perform road service calls to help colleagues during emergency
- Use computers to diagnose or understand failures and begin
- Complete required documentation utilizing software programs
associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and
accounting for repair times.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures and report
any safety or employee experience issues immediately to
leadership.What you will need to be successful:
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are
a plus but not required.
- Commercial Drivers License is a plus but not required.
- Good time management skills to ensure all work is completed
within standard repair times.
- Strong communication skills to share technical details about
repairs or tasks.
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, some holidays, and
- Perform work indoors with occasional need to perform road
- Good problem-solving skills to address unexpected issues.
- Desire to work as a team, while helping and interacting
respectfully with each other.Why you will love this job!
- You will be making a difference in your community by helping us
keep our fleet running so we can provide an essential service to
- You will work for a company that cares about your safety and
well-being, with great benefits and offerings to keep you healthy,
safe and well.
- You may have the opportunity to make more money with
- You will be provided all required PPE, including work boots and
- You will have an allowance to build your toolbox, on us!
- You can keep the dirt at work - laundry service for your
- You will have a chance to advance your technical and leadership
skills through on-the-job training, growth and development.
- You will work alongside great colleagues from a variety of
diverse backgrounds and experiences who are committed to serving
our customers and communities together.
- You will be given the chance to provide feedback in our
inclusive culture, through regular interaction with leadership and
our confidential employee experience survey.Why Work With
UsRepublic Services is a place where your effort is always
appreciated and your teammates always have your back. When you give
us your best, we give you ours. Were constantly investing in new
tools and technology that allow you to do your job safely and
effectively. We offer plenty of opportunities to learn and grow
within your role. And when we say Sustainability in Action, we mean
it. Together, were leaving the world better than we found it
through the work we do every day. Are you in? Keep reading to learn
more about the position were hiring for.
Keywords: Republic Services, Greenville , Maintenance Mechanic Shop Technician C 2nd Shift, Engineering , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!