Company: Penhall Company Inc.
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Main Purpose: The Penhall Company has an immediate opening for a
Mechanic to join our team. We are looking for a Mechanic with
experience with repair and maintenance for small tools, rental and
construction equipment and light duty vehicles. In this position
you will perform the day-to-day maintenance and repair on heavy
industrial construction equipment. Service truck will be provided.
Key Relationships: Foreman, Superintendent, Drivers, Operators,
other skilled laborers Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe working environment. Provide high quality
control standards while maintaining high levels of equipment
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair a variety of industrial
construction equipment (both diesel & gas powered). Service Truck
- Carry out preventative maintenance and repair programs.
Maintain effective equipment maintenance schedules and records on
all company equipment and tools.
- Assist in the repair and fabrication of equipment by performing
basic to advanced welding techniques (MIG, TIG, ARC).
- Analyze parts and supply stock to ensure an adequate and
- Identify and work with outside specialty shops (machine,
hydraulic, electrical, etc.) to perform special or time effective
work when needed.
- Act as technical expert and advise personnel when to take
equipment out of service due to mechanical problems.
- Monitor equipment and tool warranty programs to insure warranty
claims are forwarded to Asset Manager for processing
- Assist in maintaining all corporate equipment files including
inventory, repair and maintenance, etc.
- Perform additional assignments as requested by
- Travel required
- 3 - 5 years' experience working with construction equipment.
Technical training in equipment repair and operation or equivalent
combination of technical training and experience will be
- Previous experience working with diesel engines, electrical and
hydraulic repair is a must.
- Diamond blade equipment service and repair a plus.
- Experienced in basic to advanced welding techniques (MIG, TIG,
ARC) is a must.
- Must possess practical knowledge of the function, operation,
and maintenance of construction equipment.
- Work in inclement weather in and around repair facility.
- Ability to work both days / nights, weekends, extended hours,
and overtime as needed.
- Strong construction technical skills and knowledge
- Strong sense of urgency with a focus on quality and
- Physical exertion required. Including, but not limited to,
walking, standing, stooping, bending and lifting up to 90
- Basic computer literacy working with MS Office (Excel, Word)
and email a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in
- Basic to intermediate arithmetic skills.
Keywords: Penhall Company Inc., Greenville , Mechanic, Engineering , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!