Company: Prysmian Group
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the position holder
will exhibit energetic project management of process improvements
that impact the bottom line in an exciting, challenging and
performance driven organization. -
- Demonstrate safety leadership and advance our Zero & Beyond
- Share expertise through training and leading others in the use
of best practices.
- Generate and evaluate the risk / reward priority of improvement
opportunities. - Be an advocate for Lean Sigma thinking. -
- Achieve results and ensure sustainment of controls.
- Lead and influence teams of diverse individuals at various
levels within the organization.
- Improve yield, efficiency, and capacity of processes in
accordance with strategic business objectives.
- Develop, document, implement and sustain Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs). -
- Specification, procurement and commissioning of new
manufacturing equipment and instrumentation, including capital cost
justification and related documentation.
- Maintain presence on the shop floor and provide hands on
troubleshooting of manufacturing processes and equipment to drive
root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Maintain performance specifications and bills of material for
all current products.
- Understand and analyze monthly Raw Material Balances to
identify key areas of focus.
- Perform Lean Facilitator duties as required to implement and
sustain lean initiatives throughout your area of
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline (or a minimum of
four (4) years of relevant experience in related industry in lieu
of degree) - required.
- Must have at least two (2) or more years of manufacturing
experience (wire & cable experience preferred), and a proven track
record of results in continuous improvement, process/manufacturing
- A results driven individual with a proven track record in a
fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong project management abilities with the ability to make
complex decisions quickly.
- Experience working with extrusions (rubber or plastics) -
- Proven ability to use DOE and SPC techniques (Six Sigma Green
Belt/Black Belt experience is a plus). -
- Able to manage and execute multiple, complex tasks and deal
easily with pressure on a daily basis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with operators
up to executives and customers.
- Flexible work schedule to support facility that runs 24 hrs. a
day, 7 days week.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong
- Works out of a normal office environment (20-25%) and on
production floor (75-80%).Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity
Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse
backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of
service and contribute to the Group's success. Prysmian Group is
committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes
talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully
express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes
that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at
all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of
capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our
customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on
principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of
position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed
based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with
applicable job requirements. -Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR
Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity
and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process.
Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection
processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value
they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We
value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the
opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their
race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or
citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability,
military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and
related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor
to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
Your application data will be treated according to our Data
Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to
complete this form or to participate in an interview, please
contact us at .
Keywords: Prysmian Group, Greenville , Process Engineer, Engineering , Abbeville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!