Civil Project Engineer - Water/Wastewater
Company: WK Dickson
Posted on: August 13, 2019
WK Dickson believes that our people are our most valuable asset.
From engineers to urban planners and scientists to surveyors, WK
Dickson offers its clients a vast network of talent and
WK Dickson's people are the best in the business, and our success
comes from the personal drive of each of us. Our firm was built on
the philosophy that people do business with people they like. That
goes for our coworkers, too. We work hard. We take risks. We
Project Engineers are responsible for a variety of activities
including, and not limited to, performing standard and complex
design tasks, requiring the operation and application of computer
aided design equipment such as a plotter, and associated peripheral
equipment, performing standard, complex, and non-routine design
tasks, requiring extensive skill and knowledge of CAD applications,
supporting project managers in regards to utilizing CAD,
mathematical analysis / calculations, and general project
- Analyze and organize project data with accuracy, neatness, and
- Utilize appropriate software applications.
- Work from sketches, notes and other input material to produce
computer generated graphs, charts, overlays and completed drawings.
Complete finished product with limited direction.
- Understand and follow company standard Civil 3D procedures for
layering, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout.
Suggest improvements to standard procedures.
- Search, investigate, and select technical reference data
pertinent to a project.
- Prepare and assist with developing project computations,
estimates, surveys, statistics, and designs.
- Prepare and calculate off-site data, such as; water and
wastewater volumes, and storm water runoffs.
- Deliver projects to clients.
- Maintain technical coordination with staff.
- Maintain positive communication with staff, clients and
- Follow general instructions and company policies and
- Comply with all company safety policies and rules.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in practice area from accredited
- Professional license - EI required, PE preferred
- Minimum four (4) to eight (8) years of civil engineering
- Analytical skills with ability to prepare statistical
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D.
- Ability to work well independently and on a team.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to
staff, supervisors and clients in a professional manner.
- Experience with the design of Municipal Water and Wastewater
pipelines and pump stations preferred.
- Experience in Construction Administration or Construction
Observation a plus.
- Travel as necessary to meet the needs of the position.
Company Benefits: With Wellness Premium Credit employees are
eligible for free medical and dental coverage.
Employees are able to take advantage of our:
- Exclusive 'Talent Development Program'
- Project Management Curriculum
- Coaching/Mentoring Program
In addition WK Dickson offers its employees a competitive benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care
- Matching 401K program
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disabilities benefits
- Supplemental insurance option
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing education / tuition reimbursement
- Professional registration reimbursement
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Performance-based incentives
- Spot bonuses
- Employee referral bonuses
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
- Moving and relocation assistance
- Business casual work environment
- Company-sponsored social events
- Community giving and charitable programs
Specific programs vary by region, in accordance with the
competitive environments of local areas.
Keywords: WK Dickson, Greenville , Civil Project Engineer - Water/Wastewater, Engineering , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!