Territory Business Manager - Des Moines, Iowa
Company: Michelin North America, Inc
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Territory Business Manager - Des Moines, Iowa
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
TERRITORY BUSINESS MANAGER COMMERCIAL SALES
(Des Moines, Iowa)
We have an immediate opportunity in DES MOINES, IOWA for a sales
professional looking to move into the top echelon of field sales.
Candidates with business to business sales experience are a logical
fit, but we will talk with those who demonstrate talent, drive and
a proven track record of strong business partnerships.
We are looking for an exceptional person who can build and maintain
relationships with business and fleet owners and help them succeed
in their highly competitive markets. Someone with business acumen
and exceptional communication skills, who really listens to what
the customer needs to provide the right products and services that
give them the best way forward.
Here s why we think you should build your career at Michelin.
BRAND REPUTATION - The potential success and quality of work life
of a sales professional is highly impacted by the reputation of the
company and quality of the products and services they represent.
Michelin is among the top brands that has reached iconic status,
with overwhelmingly positive brand awareness.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO BE PROUD OF You will be representing the
leading products and services in the segment, known for their
reliability and technological innovation.
YOUR BEST WAY FORWARD Finding the best way forward is the company s
core interest. That includes our advanced career management
approach that helps you move forward in your career with a
personalized career path.
DIVERSITY OF TALENT - We strive to lead our industry in creating a
diverse workforce. A priority has been given to RAISING THE
PROPORTION OF WOMEN IN THE COMPANY and more specifically in the
company's management. In 2016, women made up 24% of our management
staff. By 2020, we aim to push this figure to 30%. Our sales teams
are no exception.
WHAT YOU LL DO
* Become the face of Michelin with dealers and end users, such as
fleet owners, in your territory
* Take ownership for achieving business results. With the support
of your team, implement the commercial programs and policies
designed to achieve your sales and service goals
* Serve as the business consultant to primarily Truck, but also
Earthmover and Agricultural fleet customers. Use your training,
problem solving skills and access to technical resources to make
recommendations to dealers and fleet customer that lower their
operating costs, for example matching products to their needs,
analyzing alignment/wear problems, performing cost-per-mile
analyses, and investigating mechanical issues
* Implement a variety of sales strategies, tools, and programs to
create a level of support and service that meets or exceeds the
needs of the fleet customer
* Form effective, consultative partnerships with each account,
resulting in increased sales of Michelin products
WHAT YOU LL BRING
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
* Willingness to live within the Des Moines, Iowa area
* BA or BS degree, preferably in business administration or a
related field, or equivalent business experience
* Knowledge of market analysis, customer relations, budget
management, needs analysis, and brand positioning
* Strong communication skills; professional and engaging
presentations, one-on-one conversations, written correspondence
* High degree of initiative and ability to work independently
* Willingness to participate in a comprehensive, results-focused
training program for a total of 8 weeks with 4 of those weeks being
in our Greenville, S.C. office
* Ability to physically lift a minimum of 30 pounds
* Travel within assigned Lexington, KY territory (possibly
overnight); as necessary
ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES WE LOOK FOR:
* Four (4) or more years of business to business sales experience
* Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and
* Business math skills to write quotes, demonstrate ROI, make
Experience using a CRM system
MOVING FORWARD TOGETHER: APPLY TODAY!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin
designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle,
including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm
equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and
solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more
environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences,
Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps
and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs
more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants
in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who
work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a
purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent
of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with
our company each year.
Michelin s status as a great place to work has been validated by
the leading authorities on workplace culture:
* Forbes annual survey of America s Best Large Employers, No. 1
* Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work
* " 2018 Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation" by
Women in Trucking Association
* Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive
* AARP, one of the Best Employers for Workers Over 50
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring
that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75
percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer
multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow
and realize their purpose across the span of their individual
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way
Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total
Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life
insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
* Paternity leave
* Maternity leave
* Tuition reimbursement
* Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several
* Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide
* 529 college savings plan
* A 401(k) match
* Free tires based upon years of service
* An Employee Assistance Program
* A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities,
women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any
part of the employment process because of a disability, please
contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship
Keywords: Michelin North America, Inc, Greenville , Territory Business Manager - Des Moines, Iowa, Executive , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!