Vice President, Product
Company: Global Lending Services
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Tremendous opportunity to influence the growth of an outstanding
company - GLS is seeking a top tier talent to serve as Vice
President, Product. The role will report to the SVP, Product &
Credit Risk and operate from our Greenville, SC offices.
Be part of a growing, dynamic, and innovative company in the
subprime automotive lending space! Named one of Inc. 5000's
fastest-growing companies for the past four years, Global Lending
Services (GLS) is a national originator and servicer of Sub-Prime
Auto Loans operating out of Greenville, SC, with another location
in the Phoenix, AZ area. The company is committed to building a
world-class operation, combining industry-leading talent with a
modernized, analytically driven technology platform.
GLS is a fast-growing, top-10, non-captive/non-bank auto lender
fueled by information-based strategies and advanced analytics
technology. Our management team led the growth and success of auto
finance companies like CapitalOne Auto, AmeriCredit, and others.
More About GLS
What does it mean to be Vice President, Product with GLS?
As Vice President, Product, you are a highly analytical yet
practical and collaborative thought leader spearheading the efforts
to optimize profitable originations for a two billion dollar
sub-prime auto finance originator. In this role, you will be
responsible for credit and marketing analytics for all indirect
originations at GLS with the goal of driving maintenance and
augmentation of: (1) Pricing strategy (market and risk-based); (2)
credit policy optimization; (3) account-level valuations; (4)
dealer-facing product; and (5) competitive monitoring efforts.
How will you drive value within the organization?
- Monitoring and maintaining key business metrics critical to
- Planning, prioritizing, and balancing strategic initiatives, ad
hoc work efforts, and monitoring / recurring activities through
individual contribution and delegation to junior analysts.
- Developing junior analysts' skillsets, while managing effective
- Communication of priorities to management and effective
expression and analysis of credit recommendations.
You thrive on:
- Deep, critical-thinking efforts where there are no textbook
solutions to the problems you are trying to solve; Tenacious
pursuit of the "right" answer.
- Ownership of ideation, intent, and execution; Deep involvement
in problem-solving efforts from analysis to implementation.
- Credit analytics and the monitoring, maintenance, and
optimization of asset performance in order to drive the
profitability of GLS' originations.
- Understanding the technical underpinnings of automated
solutions to consumer finance originations.
- Working in a highly engaging, collaborative, thought-provoking,
and intellectually challenging environment.
- Interactive and collaborative problem-solving with key
stakeholders (executive management, junior analysts,
- Taking on highly entrepreneurial endeavors within a much larger
A successful candidate has the following---.
- Establishing and maintaining rigor in planning work efforts and
creating mechanisms for strong credit monitoring.
- Building business solutions in a white-space environment
through keen problem-solving, strong conceptualization, and
meaningful collaboration (internally and externally).
- Synthesizing complex concepts and analysis into simple and
elegant execution means.
- Technical proficiency in data analysis and credit
- Management of junior level analysts.
- Understanding of the auto finance / consumer finance
- Product management of highly-technical and multifaceted
- Leveraging communication skillsets to influence stakeholders
and communicate directives efficiently and effectively.
- 6+ years hands-on experience solving credit risk, loan-level
pricing, or process design problems in a real-world, consume
- Management of and dependency on external stakeholders before,
during, and after project implementations.
- Analytics activities producing forecasts, key insights,
dashboard and reports and tools.
- Key initiative shaping, project proposals, project oversight,
prioritization, planning, tracking and delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and manage work in an effective
manner, but willingness and capability to perform autonomously.
- Hire, train and develop, performance-manage, retain, promote
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
GLS offers a competitive compensation package - Base salary +
Annual bonus program, 401K Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life &
Disability coverages, Paid Time Off, & Holiday Pay!
Please visit www.glsllc.com for information about our great company
and other great opportunities!
Keywords: Global Lending Services, Greenville , Vice President, Product, Executive , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!