Sr. Manager (or above) Strategic Sourcing, Indirect Spending and Capital Expenditures
Company: International Vitamin Corporation
Posted on: October 15, 2020
The Sr. Manager or above of Strategic Sourcing, Indirect and
Capital Expenditure Spending is a dynamic and results-driven leader
who will direct, develop and implement the functional process
competencies to plan, source and deliver vendors and cogs to ensure
the organization attains the best value in the goods and services.
This position provide leadership related to strategic procurement
within the organization by collaborating with internal and external
customers in tailoring strategies to leverage opportunities,
mitigate obstacles and drive performance to meet business's
objectives. This position is responsible for negotiating to achieve
desired outcomes, attending internal meetings to develop strategic
policy within the organization and helping create and implement
internal sourcing strategies and business best practice procedures.
This position will be responsible for the definition, development
and execution of multiple mid to highly complex comprehensive
sourcing categories (Indirect spending category and capital
- Spend management reviews purchase and acquisition needs of the
organization to development indirect spending practice program
- Sourcing vendors both nationally and in regional markets to
provide the best products/services at the best cost leveraging the
companies buying power for indirect spending category.
- Develop a coherent strategic supplier management process
including evaluation, selection & ongoing management including
KPI's to effectively measure performance.
- Work closely with all departments including Finance and senior
management to ensure procurement and spend control and processes
stay aligned with overall business strategy
- Capability to ramp-up on new initiatives, demonstrated skills
in leadership, influencing, planning, contract negotiations and
teamwork while delivering results.
- Strong ability to partner with and influence key stakeholders
both internally and externally, prior knowledge developing and
executing strategic sourcing and supplier management strategies,
ability to deal with a high tolerance of ambiguity, and to support
multiple concurrent projects and activities.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Develop and recommend all policies and procedures relating to
the purchasing and replenishment of supplies and forms
- Develop and implement organizational procurement policies and
processes to ensure a consistent and standardized approach and to
drive improvements and efficiencies in procurement activities.
- Develop, direct and manage a total cost of ownership strategy:
identify and establish supplier alliance programs, develop and
measure key performance indicators and supplier scorecard.
- Experience with strategic sourcing from major suppliers
including RFI/RFP, Product SOW Agreements, Long Term Supply and
Pricing Agreements, Master Supply Agreements, Ongoing Supplier
- Lead the research and analysis of market trends and best
practice to ensure sourcing and procurement strategies and
approaches are current, risks are identified.
- Provide leadership, direction and expert advice to key
stakeholders on all aspects of procurement to encourage innovative
practices to support the needs of the business.
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders to provide
strategic insights on business needs, resolve complex issues, and
deliver high performance cost, service and quality outcomes.
- Strong negotiation skills and strategies, including
distribution contracts and agreements of significant complexity and
ability to write complex distribution agreements to protect the
- Establish performance standards and evaluation processes to
assess and report on procurement activity in terms of progress,
results, customer satisfaction, value and cost.
- Develop and lead project management through a structured
sourcing process (category strategy, planning, material exposure
and inventory management)
- Identify and realize cost saving, customer service and process
- Monitor the industry and bring strong business practices to the
company to improve overall performance
- Implement ongoing process improvement strategies to streamline
sourcing and procurement processes to ensure that the direction of
strategic sourcing initiatives is aligned with organizational
business plans and performance objectives.
- Research vendors to determine which suppliers have the best
prices, reliability, and quality.
- Manage a company's purchase of supplies and lead the
development and implementation of procurement strategies.
- Lead efforts to improve supply chain efficiency, maintain
product quality standards, and reduce costs.
- Knowledge of purchasing strategies, supply chain management,
and inventory forecasting, planning and allocation required, along
with strong relationship building, negotiation, analytical and
program management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated high ethical standards
- Ability to resolve problems and provide creative solutions
- Consistently achieves timely, desired results through proactive
prioritization and project management
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills required.
- 5 years of indirect spending sourcing or purchasing
- Demonstrated record of exceeding goals in cost saving and
- Demonstrated record of developing relationships with suppliers
that has led to improved quality and overall cost reduction
- Bachelor's Degree or above
- Bachelor's degree required in business, purchasing or related
field along with a minimum of years of purchasing experience, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified
Purchasing Management designation preferred.
- Proven record of managing business level capital expenditure
- Prefer VMS, Nutritional, OTC manufacturing experience
- 8-12 years of successful strategic sourcing expertise including
managing direct reports.
- Proven ability to develop and lead complex strategic sourcing
strategies and initiatives to deliver significant business
- Proven ability working with business leaders, stakeholders and
internal operations teams, ability to lead high-performance teams
and build strong and lasting partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a highly matrixed
Keywords: International Vitamin Corporation, Greenville , Sr. Manager (or above) Strategic Sourcing, Indirect Spending and Capital Expenditures, Executive , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!