Product Manager-Transit Bus
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Position OverviewThis position will deliver comprehensive
Product Management ownership of our TRANSIT bus product line. You
will be responsible for driving the Transit bus product line
strategy and execution of that strategy. This entails understanding
market requirements through competitive and market analysis,
synthesizing those market needs into clear product requirements,
working cross functionally to evaluate alternatives and make
decisions, and developing the go to market plan. This role will
also work closely with our other business units to ensure product
requirements are developed collaboratively to best support overall
goals. The focus of this role is to lead product strategy and
execution of Proterra's industry leading, market disrupting,
all-electric Transit buses. You will also ensure compatibility and
efficiency of strategy with our other products such as chargers,
software, telematics and autonomous products. This position reports
directly to the Vice President of Customer Success and is based in
Greenville, SC.About the Role - You will:
- Work with sales and service teams, as well as directly with
customers and through market research, to develop an understanding
of customer and market needs.
- Collaborate with development and engineering teams, translate
market needs into product requirements.
- Develop overall product strategy and roadmap to inform
prioritization of resources.
- Drive cross functional decision making for the product, trading
off performance, cost, and timing to maintain a compelling
- Build and lead Product Management decision making
- Create a go to market plan for each product and support the
product marketing team through product launch.
- Other duties as assigned by management. About Our Group:
- The Transit Customer Success team strives to ensure that our
values, culture and engagement always allow us do great things for
- We strive to provide the highest level service and support to
our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our
clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect------and always try to have a
little fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Transit Customer Success team
that supports Proterra's Sales and Marketing operations.
- You will report to the Vice President, Customer Success and
collaborate with other executive team members at all of our
facilities (Burlingame, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Greenville, SC).
- This position is based in Greenville, SC.About You:
- Product Management background
- Knowledge of the Public Transportation industry and
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and
techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and
credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong technical acumen.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a technical field or
equivalent relevant experience
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Experience engaging the customer in Product Management
- Experience building processes
- Strong intellectual curiosity with an eagerness to learn
- Passion for either sustainability or transportation or
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills,
drive for clarity and fact-based decision makingTravel: 15% -
25%Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing
equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions, including, but not limited to,
lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in
the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Proterra, Greenville , Product Manager-Transit Bus, Executive , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!