Company: Retina Consultants Of Carolina PA
Posted on: November 16, 2021
I. POSITION SUMMARY:The Clinical Manager is responsible for the
direct supervision of the Greenville, Clemson, Anderson and
Greenwood clinical staff. They monitor daily clinic flow, which
includes accessing training opportunities for technicians, ensuring
doctor teams are staffed appropriately throughout the day, and in
collaboration with Clinical Director and other Clinical Manager,
implementing processes to improve productivity and efficiency. The
Clinical Manager oversees internal medical compliance through
auditing and quality assurance (QA). The Clinical Manager will, at
times assist providers of practice with examination, testing,
treatment and administrative duties.II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Responsible for training and evaluating clinical staff to
improve skills and knowledge.
- Fosters a team environment, encourages and exemplifies
professionalism, and excellence in customer service.
- Responsible for providing continuous communication and feedback
to the staff to inspire cohesive and challenging work.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, coaching and discipline of
- Serves as the "go-to" person in the event of a patient or
physician complaint. Handles the situation or requests assistance
from the Clinical Director or Administrator if the situation
- Responsible for improving the practice's efficiency and
productivity by working closely with Clinical Director, members of
management team, Doctors, and Administrator to ensure consistency
in procedures and practices along with providing input for
resolving operational issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinates technician schedules to ensure there is adequate
clinical staff for providers to handle patient load while adhering
to the office policy of scheduling leave and PTO.
- Understands the workflow of the clinic in each designated
department and can work in the capacity of a role when staffing
- Collaborates with Clinical Director and other Clinical Manager
to organize and conduct quarterly meetings for clinical staff.
- Remains up to date on medical coding, creates policies and
protocols to address changes and disseminates new information to
physicians and staff.
- Creates, updates and communicates clinical policies and
procedures and ensures staff adhere to policies.
- Coordinates staff Continuing Education (CEU's) leading to
higher levels of certification and growth both professionally and
- Responsible for monitoring and correcting unnecessary overtime
and works with Clinical Director and other Clinical Manager to
control overtime usage
- Organizes clinical rotations for community colleges or schools
that have or are developing programs to train ophthalmic
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations
related to clinical operations, including OSHA and HIPAA.
- Serves as liaison between the practice and community health
- Completes employee performance reviews on time.
- Initiates and/or participates in special projects as may be
- Trouble shoots malfunctioning equipment issues and communicates
with Technical Manager when needed
- Oversees drug inventory for Greenville office and ordering of
clinical supplies for Greenville, Greenwood, Clemson and Anderson
offices.III. POSITION REQUIREMENTS:Qualifications:
- JCAHPO Certification at the COA level required, COT
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Previous experience with Nextech EHR preferred
- Strong organizational, communication and inter-personal
- Manage multiple projects/changing priorities
Keywords: Retina Consultants Of Carolina PA, Greenville , Clinical Manager, Executive , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!