Finance Manager (Plant Controller)
Posted on: January 12, 2022
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment
manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville,
SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a
relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness world class
equipment is designed to our customers goals of continuous
improvement throughout the production process. ITW Hartness is
proud to be a Division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW).
Since ITWs founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of
the worlds leading diversified manufacturers of specialized
industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses.
ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe,
with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging
markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ
more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical
standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which
includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group,
Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement &
Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global
team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will
enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes
health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a
100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Finance Manager reports
to the Division Controller and is responsible for driving the
timely preparation of financial statements, reviewing and
monitoring internal controls, preparation of budgets and reporting
of financial results to the appropriate level within the
organization. The Finance Manager manages a team and supports the
Division Controller and the broader leadership team to achieve
division goals and objectives by implementing financial tools and
Financial Planning, Reporting and Controls:
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of Divisional financial
information and customer facing metrics in compliance with ITW
policies and GAAP that support the needs of the business.
- Facilitate and complete timely month/quarter/annual close
requirements and consolidation procedures as required by the
division and corporation.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate the exchange of
financial information to key stakeholders.
- Apply the ITW Principles (80/20, Simplification, In-lining,
Segmentation, Market Rate of Demand) to eliminate complexity and
improve profitability of the company. Participate in teams and play
a lead role in the collection and analysis of data for these
- Plan and prepare for audit requirements (internal/external);
and implement necessary recommendations in a timely manner.
Operating Analysis And Planning
- Collaborate with other functional areas to plan and prepare for
annual and long-range business planning and monthly
outlook/forecasting in compliance with ITW processes, giving
guidance and advice to other managers as it relates to financial
- Perform analytical reviews of data and explain variances
against plan, outlook and prior year. Identify opportunities and
areas where improvement or change is needed.
- Manage physical inventories and inventory grading per policy on
a periodic basis, assist in reduction of MOH and Slow-Moving and
- Evaluate and give guidance on projects that require additional
investment of assets and resources with the goal of improving the
profitability of the company.
Leadership And Talent Development
- Develop and lead a mid-size team of accounting professionals
focused on profitable growth and simplifying business
- Identify, lead, and develop talent to maximize individual,
team, and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals.
This includes, but is not limited to, selecting and on-boarding
talent, creating a culture of engagement, goal alignment, and
coaching through feedback, development planning, and performance
- Build cross-department credibility, confidence, and
collaboration with other functional areas.
- Champion change management throughout the organization.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in financial and cost
reporting and analysis
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment including
job costing and/or project accounting
- Experience building people and organization plans to ensure
organizational readiness and capability to meet changing business
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SOX/Internal Compliance
- ERP system conversion experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop productive working
relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and forecasting skills
- Proven success in continuous improvement and
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time-management, prioritization, and project
- Highest level of integrity and honesty in line with ITW
- Demonstrated cross-cultural awareness.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication, and
presentation skills with experience in communicating and working
with remote and cross- functional teams.
- CPA or CMA
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Itw, Greenville , Finance Manager (Plant Controller), Executive , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!