Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Company: The Kessler Collection
Posted on: September 23, 2022
AN INSPIRING CAREER AWAITS YOU!
The Kessler Collection is made up of 13 artful hotel and resort
properties, 26 restaurants, and over 1,700 Grand Performers across
ten states, we continue to grow and so will you! The opportunities
are endless. Our mission of inspiring places, intuitive service,
and exuberant guests means we are committed to our Grand Performers
learning, development, and well-being.
We believe people want to be inspired!
Our Grand Performers Receive Many Benefits Including:
- Marriott Employee Discounts Worldwide
- Competitive Wage & Discretionary Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company-Sponsored Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(K) with Discretionary Company Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
The overall objective and purpose of the Assistant Housekeeping
Manager are to assist the Executive Housekeeper in directing the
daily operations of Housekeeping and Laundry to ensure clean,
orderly, and attractive conditions of the hotel. The incumbent is
responsible for completing inspections and holds Grand Performers
accountable for high cleanliness standards, as well as for ensuring
guest and Grand Performer satisfaction while maintaining the
operating budget. They are to provide inspiring and strategic
leadership while directing the activities of the Housekeeping
Department in support of the mission, core values, standards, and
goals established by the company.
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the
- Obtains list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned
immediately and list of prospective check-outs in order to prepare
- Assigns workers their duties, and inspects work for conformance
to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Advises manager or desk clerk of rooms ready for
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and
equipment, and assists manager with corrective action.
- Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies to determine the need for
repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes
recommendations to management.
- Records data concerning work assignments, Grand Performer
actions, and time records, and prepares periodic reports.
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to
discuss company policies and guest complaints, and to make
recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient
- Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all
guestrooms and public spaces.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the product, including room types,
amenities, services, and brand standards.
- Assists in training, counseling, and performance reviews of the
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have
experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of
responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of
observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities
required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans
in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not
to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective
meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes
while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent
to build high-level performance and consistency throughout
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools, and resources
to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure
- Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment
- Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree -
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving
results through providing direction and accountability of the
following Grand Performers within the culture and policies
established by the Kessler Collection.
- Housekeeping Supervisors
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative
of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant
noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and
deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism &
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands
in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is
regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is
regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other
means of transportation which require sitting, waiting, and
standing for long and short periods of time
The Kessler Collection is proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race,
religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: The Kessler Collection, Greenville , Assistant Housekeeping Manager, Executive , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!