Purchasing Vice President
Company: Meritage Homes
Posted on: November 21, 2022
The VP of Purchasing leads the Purchasing Department and provides
the strategic direction with focus around achievement of divisional
goals and business plan needs. This role collaborates closely with
other departments while leading a team and providing guidance for
support to deliver results and achieve costing targets. Through
evaluation of trade partner performance and delivery this role will
make decisions as to bid selection.
* Lead the bidding process to ensure all costs negotiated are all
inclusive and guarantee that all documentation required for an
effective bid is received in a timely manner to support community
* Ensure that all options have the appropriate trades attached and
that option costs and pricing meets company guidelines.
* Know and understand trade partner capabilities and performance
while conveying existing business plan needs and future growth
* Collaborate closely with SCI, construction and customer care to
manage trade partner performance ensuring the best "total" costs
considering costs related to quality, productivity and service.
* Drive value-engineering efforts to ensure the most cost effective
product. Provide recommendations to reduce costs and work including
utilization of national contracts.
* Lead and develop Purchasing Agents, Coordinators and Managers to
provide appropriate support to achieve organizational goals.
* Responsible for establishing and maintenance of all direct cost
budgets. Proactive mitigation of any and all price increase
requests from vendors, trades, etc.
* Bachelor's Degree; Preferred degrees in areas of construction,
finance, or purchasing
* Five (5) years of purchasing experience with a minimum of three
(3) years in the homebuilding industry
* Three (3) years experience leading teams
* Two (2) years experience with local, state, and federal building
codes and ordinances
* Solid background in all phases of new home construction, land
development and contract negotiation and administration
* Field construction experience preferred
* Home building field experience
* Knowledge of homebuilding and construction systems/processes,
building codes, and local ordinance construction guidelines
* Must be able to read blueprints.
* Strong computer proficiency, with a working knowledge of
Microsoft Office applications
Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage
Homes is the place for you! From the homes we build to the careers
we offer, we believe in quality. Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR
Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in
protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in
homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about
furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an
organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives. With
over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for
professionals who are self-starters and want to help our
organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in
several ways, including:
* A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative
ideas from every level
* An organization that lives by its core values everyday
* Team atmosphere where every individual is considered a vital
* State of the art technology to provide an optimal working
* A competitive pay structure
* Strong benefits
* Flexibility in work-life integration
* Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an integral
role in the company
* Opportunity to further your career in a growing national
* Maintain a competitive drive to be the best
Keywords: Meritage Homes, Greenville , Purchasing Vice President, Executive , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!