Director, Channel Sales - Proterra Powered
Company: Obvious Corp
Posted on: May 22, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:The Proterra Powered
channel sales team is seeking a Channel Sales Director to support
our strategic partners to drive market growth. The Channel Sales
Director will work closely with original equipment manufacturer
(OEM) partners on the overall sales process to promote and
effectively deploy heavy-duty battery electric vehicles. Having
proven our EV technology in transit, Proterra is expanding its
reach and partnering with leading global commercial vehicle
manufacturers to help new heavy-duty vehicle applications go
electric. The Proterra Powered division is a small team that works
collaboratively in a fast paced, start-up environment. -About the
Role - You Will:
- Help OEMs and their dealer network sell Proterra Powered
vehicles, working with counterparty sales teams and end customers
to exceed internal sales and revenue targets.
- Work cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders in
engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, and
- Support the Proterra Energy team in marketing/selling Proterra
chargers, hardware installation services and Software as a Service
- Utilize accepted project management tools and best practices to
deliver a high-quality customer engagement experience.
- Understand the commitment required to join a small team of
high-achieving go-to-market sales professionals.
- Bring a positive approach to communicating our benefits and
- Utilize Salesforce for managing and tracking accounts, leads
and sales opportunities.
- Build and maintain knowledge of Proterra's expanding product
line, competitor activities, funding opportunities, and general
- Other duties as assigned.About Our Group
- The Proterra Powered team is tasked with developing and
managing relationships with leading commercial vehicle
manufacturers to launch and successfully deliver new electric
- We are a small team responsible for a new and rapidly growing
segment of Proterra's business, all members of the team must be
comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and capable of
working autonomously at times as well as collaboratively as a part
of a group.
- We work across almost every function of the company and look
for team members who are comfortable in a wide range of
environments and working with colleagues of many different
- We are passionate about electrification and sustainability and
making a significant difference with each new partnership we
- You will report to the Sr. Director, Channel Sales collaborate
with other team members located at our headquarters in Burlingame,
CA and manufacturing facilities in Greer, SC and Greenville,
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and
credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Self-starter with strong time management and organizational
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Solid transportation background in the school bus or transit
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include
but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors,
contractors, and visitors.
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the
- Willingness to travel to support our OEM partners.
- Ability to organize, expedite, and manage multiple complex
- Excellent English written and verbal communication and
presentation skills.Your Experience Includes
- 10+ years of relevant work experience or management experience
in the school bus or transit industry.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field or
- Previous experience with battery-electric or other alternative
fuels vehicles is preferable but not mandatory.
- Experience in developing and implementing sales strategies
while achieving sales targets.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective communication with customers, employees, and senior
- Strong strategic thinking skills to develop long-term sales
plans and strategies that align with goals of the
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applicationsLocation:
Hybrid/RemoteTravel:10-25%Proterra is an Equal Employment
Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to
all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran
status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions,
including, but not limited to, lactation or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program (E-Verify).Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Obvious Corp, Greenville , Director, Channel Sales - Proterra Powered, Executive , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...