Director of Engineering - Greenville, SC
Company: Hubbell Incorporated
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell's unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light. As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
HUBBELL INCORPORATED is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications.
With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
BUSINESS GROUP OVERVIEW:
HUBBELL LIGHTING, INC., is a core Business Group of Hubbell Incorporated and is committed to elevating the lighting experience.
Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell's unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light.
As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
701 Millennium Boulevard
Greenville, SC 29607
The Director of Engineering is responsible for the Overall administration and management for assigned engineering related activities for, Hubbell Lighting Components and Hubbell Controls Solutions, whether developed / designed by the division or purchased for resale.
This position entails management and support for all engineering activities such as
* product research
* software engineering
* electrical engineering
* mechanical engineering
* engineering documentation for new and revised products
This position also supports New Product Development (NPD) processes through management of the One Hubbell Management System and provides senior management with view of all projects and their related status, department and project budget reporting, ensuring that the department activities are aligned to the strategic business plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for staffing, training, organization, productivity and general management of the department.
* Responsible for budget preparation and subsequent control of budget for all assigned functions.
* Participate in strategic and business planning functions including product strategies, workforce requirements, and expense and capital budget proposals.
* Track and report project status as needed to management and take all necessary steps to maintain project schedules.
* Manage and support engineering projects at a high level working within cross-functional teams.
* Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
* Provide oversight for all engineering aspects of product development.
* Provide guidance for product specification development.
* Keep up-to-date on industry standards, regulatory agency and code requirements (UL, CSA, IEC, Energy Star, etc.).
* Stay abreast of technological developments in area of responsibility.
Skills and Experience
* BS Degree in Engineering or related work experience
* MS Degree Preferred
* 10 years minimum experience in the design of lighting products
* Knowledge of New Product Development Engineering as well as Sustaining Engineering
* 2D & 3D CAD experience preferred
* Optical design and simulation experience a plus
* Knowledge of design of thermal management systems and simulation (CFD) is a plus
* Strong management and leadership skills
* Strong communication skills
* Must be proficient in Power Point, Word, and Excel
* Microsoft Project experience is a plus
* SAP experience is a plus
Bachelors Degree in Engineering General
Masters Degree in Engineering General
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Keywords: Hubbell Incorporated, Greenville , Director of Engineering - Greenville, SC, Executive , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!