Sr. Guest Experience Maker/ Front Office Manager
Company: La Quinta Inns & Suites
Posted on: October 11, 2019
La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Sr. Guest Experience Maker/
Front Office Manager to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham
Greenville - Haywood Road location in Greenville, South Carolina.
Job Summary The Sr. (Lead) Guest Experience Maker is responsible
for supervising the operation of the hotel's front desk and
ensuring efficient and exceptional service is provided to a wide
variety of individuals on a daily basis, including: guests,
potential guests, vendor partners and La Quinta team members.
Education & Experience MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand
- Must possess and maintain valid licenses and/or certifications
which are job related and required by law.
- At locations which operate a hotel courtesy van/shuttle, must
possess and maintain a valid, current, non-restricted driver's
license if required to drive. Must also possess and maintain an
acceptable driving history MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Previous hotel or customer service experience is required;
prior supervisory experience preferred. Physical Requirements
- Ability and willingness to work a variable schedule including
morning, afternoon, evening, overnight shifts, weekends and
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time,
often for a minimum of 2 hours at a time and possibly for the
duration of the work shift.
- Must be able to intermittently bend, reach, kneel, twist and
grip items while working.
- Must be able to maneuver through all areas of the front desk
and office area.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and carry up to 10
- Requires excellent hearing along with good near and distant
- Must be able to view and access computer screens and keyboard
- Must be able to type on a computer keyboard throughout the
duration of the scheduled shift with the exception of scheduled
breaks and/or lunch times.
- Must be able to verbally respond over the telephone, in a
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment with stressful
situations and adjusting to changing priorities.
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions, yet still provide
service to individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- May work alone or closely with others. General Requirements
- Assist the General Manager with preparing Guest Experience
Representative work schedules and ensuring staff adheres to
schedules. Adjust schedules as needed to meet business needs.
- Perform assigned administrative duties such as daily reports,
credit card reversals, bank deposits, accounts receivables, travel
agent research, lost and found, rooming lists, office supply
inventory, safety committee, etc.
- Train Guest Experience staff in technical duties, guest service
skills and telephone sales skills.
- Advise and consult with General Manager in situations of poor
employee performance and/or improper employee behavior that may
require counseling and/or discipline.
- When applicable for a specific property, book group functions
and meeting room space.
- May serve as Manager-on-Duty in the absence of the General
Manager and Assistant General Manager
- Provide a friendly, welcoming experience by greeting guests as
they enter the hotel. Welcome loyal guests and military members
using the best practices outlined for each program. Ensure Elite
guests receive the designated gift upon arrival.
- Provide all guests (including groups) with a friendly, accurate
and efficient check-in / check-out process while following the
company's policies and procedures. Prepare for check-ins before the
guest arrives by using the arrivals grid, preparing express
check-ins, and planning for group arrivals. Ensure the front
desk/lobby areas remain clean, organized and ready to greet
- Verify and collect guest payments and identification, ensuring
all procedures are followed to protect sensitive guest information
including identity and credit card information. Process all
financial transactions with strict adherence to defined
- Operate the hotel key control system while strictly following
all key safety & security procedures.
- Place timely welcome calls to ensure each check-in guest has
arrived to a freshly clean, inviting room with all amenities
working. Set up wake-up calls as requested by guests to ensure they
wake up refreshed and ready to take on the day. Fundamental
- Requires regular, sometimes constant, contact with customers,
outside agencies and the general public. Must have excellent verbal
and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability
to interact with many types of individuals and personalities.
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to accurately sense
and respond to unspoken wants and needs of individuals.
- Proficiency to approach all encounters, regardless of the
situation in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented
- Excellent telephone skills particularly related to customer
service and sales.
- Must be able to work with and secure sensitive and/or
confidential material and information.
- Must be able to properly and confidently operate basic office
software, machines and devices including computers, company issued
hand-held electronics, copier, printers, etc.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with little or no
supervision, responding to and handling unfamiliar situations with
little supervisory guidance.
- Strong independent judgment and decision-making skills are
required to identify, select, and apply the most appropriate of
available guidelines and procedures, interpret precedents, and
adopt standard methods or practices to meet variations in facts
- Must work well under pressure and remain calm during stressful
situations. COMPANY OVERVIEW: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the
largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel
management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels
in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection
of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the
richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel
travel possible for all. Our hotel owners are the stewards of our
brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe
guests deserve great experiences, and our robust
portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale
brands-delivers just that. We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont®
by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels
and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham,
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta®
Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham,
Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark
Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®,
Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham
Hotels and Resorts®. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices
around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more,
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members
worldwide. Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham Greenville - Haywood Road, 65
West Orchard Park Drive, Greenville, South Carolina 29615
Employment Status: Full-time Please see Description
Keywords: La Quinta Inns & Suites, Greenville , Sr. Guest Experience Maker/ Front Office Manager, Executive , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!