Posted on: October 12, 2019
The position is responsible for managing accounts receivable in a
manner that increases the customer's purchasing power, optimizes
the customer's cash flow and maximizes ScanSource, Inc.
("ScanSource") sales opportunities. The Reseller Financial Services
("RFS") Manager will be a key leader in hiring, developing and
retaining talented employees to create a center of excellence for
the underwriting and collection functions. The Manager will create
a team that develops, recommends and implements best practices as
it relates to the underwriting and collection functions. The
individual will maintain strong internal controls and compliance
with ScanSource's guidelines and procedures in addition to
commercial credit laws. The individual will possess strong
financial analysis skills and utilize their experience to drive
productivity and results by implementing innovative solutions that
benefit the customer and ScanSource. The successful person in this
position must demonstrate effective leadership skills and the
ability to coach and mentor eight to ten direct reports to drive
performance in customer relationships and account management. This
highly motivated individual must be able to implement change and
have a positive impact on the team.
Essential Job Duties:
* Effectively manage a portfolio of customer accounts by building
positive relationships with ScanSource customers and ScanSource's
internal departments while keeping past dues percentage at
* Provide direction, coaching and development to RFS team members
through daily interaction on business issues to determine and
implement appropriate account resolution with regard to
underwriting, collections and/or recovery decisions while ensuring
consistency and adherence to RFS and corporate guidelines and
* Analyze creditworthiness of customers to determine acceptable
levels of risk.
* Underwrite and approve aggregate credit extension within approval
authority and provide recommendations to the appropriate authority
for underwritings beyond assigned approval authority level.
* Monitor and approve pending orders within predetermined time
periods and underwriting authority and ensure that the orders
comply with agreed terms of sale.
* Understand customers' financing needs and leverage resources
available from ScanSource and third party financial vendors to
augment underwriting in excess of the customer's approved trade
* Work in partnership with sales, marketing, business development
and operations to develop customer management strategies, resolve
business matters and discuss customer account status.
* Ensure a high degree of accuracy, consistency, confidentiality
and timeliness when analyzing financial statements, writing a
financial review and completing RFS forms.
* Ensure compliance with guidelines and procedures in adherence to
Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and work cooperatively to address and
resolve any potential findings.
* Prepare periodic reports of accounts receivable performance and
significant underwriting and/or past dues exposures.
* Forecast bad debt reserves that accurately reflect high-risk
* Participate in the development of RFS financial tools, including
but not limited to, areas involving financial analysis,
benchmarking, alternative financing solutions, expanding customers'
purchasing power, optimizing customers' cash flow and increasing
the overall efficiency of the department.
* Compile and evaluate data for credit/financial benchmarking,
credit/financial score and constant reporting.
* Manage and control ScanSource's operating expenses to conform to
annual allocation (e.g., personnel cost, equipment purchases,
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* The Manager will report to the Director, Worldwide RFS
* Minimum of a Bachelor degree in accounting or finance and/or
seven to ten years working experience within a credit and financial
* Experience in credit, financial analysis, floor planning,
leasing, negotiation, team development and management of
* An in-depth understanding of business management environment,
financial statement analysis, accounting conventions and
specifically industry financial standards and trends.
* Strong management, coaching and motivational skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability
to relate well to all levels of management.
* Strong problem solving, decision-making, and timely follow-up
skills with demonstrated abilities to work well within defined time
restraints and pressures situations.
* Organizational skills, time management skills, the highest
qualities of leadership, professionalism and teamwork.
* Ability to eagerly adapt to change and assist the team in
* Strong project management skills and the ability to manage
* Proficiency in computer software applications (e.g., Microsoft
Office, Excel, Word) and the ability to learn enterprise resource
planning applications (e.g., SAP).
* Comprehensive understanding in aspects of commercial law
including negotiable instruments, bankruptcy law, legal procedures
and the Uniform Commercial Code requirements.
* Financial underwriting and customer relationship experience in
distribution environment and/or technology industry.
* Credit Business Associate (CBA), Credit Business Fellow (CBF),
and/or Certified Credit Executive (CCE) certifications.
* Flooring planning and/or leasing experience.
* Ability to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of
* Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at
designated company office location during normal business hours
designated for this position.
* Ability to travel 5% of the time.
* Ability to lift 10 pounds.
ScanSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: scansource, Greenville , Manager, RFS, Executive , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!