Account Manager (Comprehensive Solutions, Energy Services)
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United
States qualified protected veterans.
Trane ( http://www.trane.com/ ), a business of Ingersoll Rand - the
world leader in creating and sustaining safe, comfortable and
energy efficient environments - improves the performance of
buildings around the world. Trane solutions optimize indoor
environments with a broad portfolio of energy efficient heating,
ventilating and air conditioning systems, building and contracting
services, parts support and advanced controls for commercial
This is a great opportunity to join our Trane team in our
Carolina's district as a Comprehensive Solutions Account Manager
focused on Total Energy Solutions, Performance Contracting, and
other complex infrastructure opportunities. This goes beyond HVAC
and Energy efficiency - this is the future of truly integrative
Building Services Solutions. A Comprehensive Solutions Account
Executive is responsible for long-term customer relationships and
maximizing account penetration and customer retention with the C
Suite, building owners, Directors, Board Members, and state/local
governments. This role will be selling our comprehensive solutions
offering which can be energy performance contracting or
non-guaranteed savings contracts that are complex in nature. The
knowledge and ability to sell a solution at the highest
organizational levels is required.
- Be accustomed to and have success in sales with long, complex,
and multi-tiered sales cycles.
- Be accustomed to speaking and selling to decision making
individuals and groups such as, but not limited to, City Managers,
County Managers, Superintendents, CEO's, CFO's, Business Managers,
Technology Officers, Council Members, Board Members, etc;
- Has expertise in the financial, legal and technical aspects of
deal structuring with multiple buying influences within a
- Is a great communicator - educating clients about Trane's
Energy Services and Performance Contracting offerings, persuasively
articulating costs, savings, investment opportunities and long term
options for energy efficiency measures .
Responsibilities: As a Comprehensive Solutions Account Executive
for the Performance Contracting and Complex Solutions business with
Trane, you will be the primary business development driver for our
financially-driven solution sales opportunities. You will identify
and qualify new business as well as develop long-term customer
relationships within mainly the MUSH market (Municipalities,
Universities, Schools, Healthcare) and also with other customers in
the private sector or other verticals seeking value and
- Provides knowledge and consultation to our customers on the
financial drivers, legislation and requirements for energy based
financially driven sales throughout the district.
- Develops system-related solutions for the customer's challenges
and opportunities, including financial and performance-based
- Develops multiple relationships with buying influences and
critical decision makers in the customer's organization, including
facility managers, project managers, project engineers, purchasing,
legal, and finance officers.
- Develops, maintains, and represents Trane in the marketplace(s)
with associations and legislative groups.
- Quarterback the direction of the Project Development Team and
aid in development to ensure the client goals are met.
- Gathers or validates preliminary information and performs
facility walk, through or other commitment.
- Qualify Opportunities through all milestones of project
- Continually be learning new technologies available that can be
beneficial in a complex solution or financial structure.
- Utilizes Account management process to identify key customers
and to develop specific action plans to grow identified
- Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new
- Collects project data and compares to the office's
- Converts leads into opportunities by financially qualifying the
customer and assigning the appropriate sales process, identifying
the required sales team members, making assignments, and
communicating the next steps in the process.
- Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to
meet all of the customer's facility requirements.
- Develops, evaluates, and discusses possible solutions with
- Develops project fulfillment schedule.
- Coordinates selection, pricing, and integrates equipment,
controls, and services for each project.
- Prepares, finalizes, and reviews preliminary and/or final
proposal complete with any financially targeted sales tool such as
a pro forma.
- Validates the preliminary offering with customer.
- Determines proposal price and selling strategy.
- Prepares and reviews contract terms and conditions using
standard Trane templates when applicable.
- Presents the proposal to the customer.
- Follows up with economic buyers and/or buying influences, as
- Prepares transition documents and communicates project
readiness for assignment to operations team.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related
discipline strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of business development and sales
experience in the Energy Savings/Performance Contracting
- Knowledge of financial and complex solution pricing
- Proven track record of developing and closing business.
- First-hand experience and strong working knowledge in one or
more of the following vertical markets: Education, Healthcare,
Commercial Real Estate, and/or State/Local Government.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including ,
but not limited to:
- A good driving record.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Greenville , Account Manager (Comprehensive Solutions, Energy Services), Executive , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!