Patient Care Coordinator - LPN
Company: AIS Healthcare
Posted on: November 16, 2021
This position is responsible for coordinating and performing all
aspects of the patient care program. The Home Refill Coordinator
works closely with Home Refill Director, Nursing Leadership and
Chief Nursing Officer to ensure proper service and information is
provided to all participants in the Home Refill program.EDUCATION
- Associated degree required; Bachelor's degree in Healthcare
Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred
- LPN, EMS or Paramedic experience strongly encouraged
- Minimum of one-year experience in a medical setting strongly
- Understanding of managed care organizations or insurance
- Medical terminology experience preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applicationsESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Performs the intake of patient referrals.
- Manages patient flow from referral to nursing intervention.
- Acts as the liaison with the Financial Services team to control
processes on verification of referrals and established patients.
- Tracks field nurse documentation, ensuring timeliness and
- Responsible for system data entry and insuring accuracy,
including, but not limited to patient demographics, documentation,
validity of orders and quality audits.
- Reviews elements of the orders to insure all information need
for scheduling, compounding and delivery are stated, if information
is missing contacts the appropriate person in order to retrieve the
information or get a new order.
- Provides customer service to referral sources.
- Coordinates and provides customer services to AIS field sales
team and internal stake holders.
- Coordinates services between pharmacy and nursing departments.
- Maintains Home Refill dashboard.
- Provides support to field nursing team and management.
- Coordinates supplies, documents and forms for field nursing
- Ensures nursing documentation is received and are sent in to
the AIS office after each nurse refills and distributes the nursing
notes to appropriate internal team members.
- Represents self in a professional and ethical manner at all
- Complies with all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Recognizes patients' rights and responsibilities and supports
them in the performance of job duties; respects patient's rights to
privacy and confidentiality.
- Completes assigned paperwork/documents as directed in a timely
- Shares knowledge gained with other staff members and works as a
- Interacts with others in a positive, respectful, and
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.QUALIFICATION
- Independent judgement and discretion.
- Problem solving expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with
coworkers, patients, physicians, providers, and referral sources.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering
- Demonstrate extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Resourceful, flexible, and well organized.
Keywords: AIS Healthcare, Greenville , Patient Care Coordinator - LPN, Healthcare , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!