Bariatric Medical Assistant
Company: Bon Secours
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!POSITION
SUMMARYThe Certified Medical Assistant is a multi-skilled
professional who works under the direction and supervision of
licensed Provider. The Certified Medical Assistant is trained to
perform both administrative and clinical skills in the physician
practices. Assists as needed in scheduling surgical procedures and
preassessments for surgeon offices. Assists the Program Manager
with planning, organizing, coordinating and directing the functions
of the Bariatric Department. Assists as needed in delivering care
and providing telephone triage in the outpatient office setting for
the bariatric surgery patient under the direct supervision of a
bariatric provider.JOB REQUIREMENTSEducation: HS diploma or GED;
Certified Medical AssistantExperience: 2 years' surgical experience
preferred, Medical Terminology required and current BLS
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to review medical records and evaluate findings
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to build strong relationships within and outside of the
- Ability to manage a variety of complex issues while working on
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with
physicians, administrators and other professionalsBehaviors: Must
have a positive, enthusiastic attitude and demonstrate the ability
to maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor at all
times.Age-Specific Competence: Demonstrates competence to provide
psychosocial and sensitive care to the Obese Adult and Geriatric
Age GroupsESSENTIAL JOB FUCTIONS
- Self-motivated and prioritizes work appropriately.
- Demonstrates effective positive communication with patients,
families, staff, physicians, and visitors. Maintains
confidentiality of all patient and employee information.
- Abstracts Quality Improvement data from the bariatric patient
record and health system department/service logs assumes
responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of data entry into
computerized departmental database. To preform essential job
functions has access in EMR to master daily schedule, operative
report and anesthesia summary.
- Prepares data reports and participates in organizing QI studies
as instructed by the Program Manager. Maintains confidentiality of
all Quality Improvement information. Prepares patients for
examination by practitioner by performing physical tests, taking
blood pressure, weight, and temperature.
- Establishes and maintains manuals on Policies and Procedures,
QI Reports and all needed manuals for JCAHO Inspection and
ASMBS-COE Certification with up-to-date revisions for each.
- Accurately schedules surgery and pre-assessments with the
performing surgeon's office personnel and hospital. Maintains and
monitors the surgery schedule. Communicates pertinent changes
regarding the surgery schedule to the appropriate personnel.
- Answers telephone professionally and courteously in efficient
manner; personally addressing needs or directs to appropriate
person. Triages clinical calls.
- Completes all aspects of referral completion including reaching
out to the patient and proper documentation.
- Accurately completes insurance verification for procedures and
- Completes correspondences, minutes, memos, monthly reports and
other documents as needed by the Program.
- Orders supplies as needed. Assists with ordering of equipment
as needed. Collaborates with other departments to obtain
- Attends weekly seminars after hours and gathers patient
demographic and insurance information for surgery qualification and
determination.Bon Secours is an equal opportunity employer.We'll
also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much moreScheduled Weekly Hours:40Work
Shift:Days/AfternoonsDepartment:Comprehensive Weight Loss Clinic -
St. Francis EastsideAll applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic
information, or protected veteran status, and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to
view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Franklin,
Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability
and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the
employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition
Team at email@example.com.
Keywords: Bon Secours, Greenville , Bariatric Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!