Medical Assistant - Certified
Company: New Horizon Family Health Services
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Medical Assistant (MA) provides routine care
for patients who present to New Horizon Family Health Services. The
Medical Assistant aids the Nursing Personnel and Providers as
- All MA staff MUST wear the designated uniform in colors
authorized by the organization.
- Helps support the achievement of provider productivity
- Is responsible for daily patient phone messages.
- Cares for patients in accordance with instructions given by
MD/Charge Nurse/Clinical Coordinator.
- Obtains patient's vital signs, works up patients according to
- Administers treatment as directed by the practitioner.
- Gives injections under the supervision and orders of a Medical
- Performs duties per completion of MA / Lab Orientation
- Understands the purpose of and has a working knowledge of
Patient Centered Medical Home concepts.
- Works with Tracking and Task Management team members to track
outcomes for referrals, hospitalizations, pap smears, vouchers and
other required information supporting Patient Centered Medical Home
- Participates in in-service training opportunities as required.
- Provides comfort and support to patients awaiting medical
treatment / those having received medical attention.
- Assists in the maintenance of clean and safe examining rooms.
- Participates in CQI, other internal committees, special
projects/observances or activities that promote improvements in
organizational performance and/or advance the mission, goals and
objectives of New Horizon Family Health Services.
- Must hold all patient Protected Health Information (PHI) other
patient personal information and agency information in confidence,
in accordance with the attached Employee Confidentiality Statement,
which I have read, understand and signed.
- Actively participates in and complies with all aspects of the
NHFHS Corporate compliance Program, follow the Program Code of
Conduct and obey all relevant laws, statutes, regulations and
requirements applicable to Medicaid, Medicare and other State and
Federal health care programs. All NHFHS Company employees must be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Education: Completion of an Associates Degree Medical Assistant
Program with proof of Certification / RegistrationPreferred:One
year or more experience in office based patient care
settingRequired:- Must have a working knowledge of computer
programs and professional construction of emails- Must demonstrate•
legible handwriting• excellent spelling• speaking clearly and
grammatically correct• the ability to accept responsibility as
indicated• being a motivated and enthusiastic learner• a courteous
and tactful manner• the ability to work under stress and work well
with others• following NHFHS policies and procedures regarding
personal visits, cell phone usage and clocking-in on time according
to your assigned shift
Benefits:New Horizon Family Health Services offers a robust and
comprehensive benefit package to full time employees. These
choices/options include:Medical, Dental and Vision benefitsSuite of
Voluntary Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term
DisabilityFlexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts403 (b)
Retirement PlanVacation and Sick LeavePaid Holidays
Keywords: New Horizon Family Health Services, Greenville , Medical Assistant - Certified, Healthcare , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!