Physician (Chief Hematology/Oncology)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 22, 2018
- Responsible for the clinical performance of the Hematology/Oncology section
- Setting standards of excellence for all professional staff within the section
- Developing policies and procedures that are necessary to support the provisions of care provided by Medical Service and the quality goals of the Medical Center
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; Downtown
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: Not authorizedBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: Board Certified in Hematology/Oncology
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Moderate lifting (15-44 pounds), light lifting (under 15 pounds), moderate carrying (15-44 pounds), light carrying (under 15 pounds), pushing 4 hours, reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, both hands required, walking 2 hours, standing 8 hours, near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other, hearing (aid permitted), mental and emotional stability.None
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Disability Rating Letter
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Greenville , Physician (Chief Hematology/Oncology), Healthcare , Augusta, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!