LPN Licensed Practical Nurse (Hospice)
Company: Halcyon Hospice
Posted on: October 10, 2019
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides care to patients in
hospice. The LPN maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) practices use of good
communication skills, both verbally and written. Is responsible for
adhering to all LPN Nursing Practice Standards as they apply to
Halcyon Hospice, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute
care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide.
From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping
- Performs skilled nursing services under the supervision of a
staff RN on a daily basis.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments as permitted
by State regulations on an as needed basis.
- Assists the physician and/or staff RN in performing specialized
procedures on an as needed basis.
- Assists the patient with activities of daily living and
encourages appropriate self-care on a daily basis.
- Reports to the patient's physician and other appropriate
personnel regarding pertinent changes in the patient's condition on
an as needed basis.
- Performs complex wound care if in-service is documented for
specific procedure on a daily or as needed basis.
- Receives and follows physician orders within realm of practice
for an LPN and within the standards of hospice practice but may not
alter the plan of care on a daily basis.
- Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice
assigned modules on-line and attends assigned in-services on a
- Participates in daily nursing report to Administrator, or
designee, to ensure continuity of the Care Management process.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Group Meeting (IDG) regarding
patient care every two weeks.
- Participates in QAPI plan and process on a daily basis
identifying any potential problems and reporting to
- Compliance with procedures and processes of ordering/obtaining
medications ordered by the physician and included in the patient's
Plan of care. Assures compliance when possible of medication regime
within the specified formulary on a regular basis.
- Functions as a preceptor for new hires.
- Maintains personnel file.
- All other duties as assigned.
Formal Education: Associate Degree or certification equivalent
License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: Yes
- Unrestricted licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current drivers license and vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Additional Sate Specific Requirements
- LA: At a minimum, two years full time experience working as an
- AL, AR, AZ, GA, ID, MI, MO, MS, NC, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV:
No additional state specific requirements.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Halcyon Hospice, Greenville , LPN Licensed Practical Nurse (Hospice), Healthcare , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!