Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), On-Site Solutions
Posted on: October 13, 2019
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN), ON-SITE SOLUTIONS
Greenville, SC (Greenville Michelin Family Health Center - 525
General Position Description:
The LPN is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and
providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other
staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced
practitioners, front office and clinical staff.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
* Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others and
models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring and Friendly.
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communications that are
clear, well-organized and demonstrate an understanding of audience
* Utilizes genuine and positive communication to make each customer
feel informed, understood and special.
* An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and
feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
* Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks
and challenges with energy and passion.
* Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of
success and can be counted on to complete goals.
* Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Patient Care (75%):
* Assesses, screens, triages and performs treatments ordered for
* Performs medical treatments as ordered by provider or established
MedExpress standing orders.
* Assists the provider with examinations, procedures and other
* Oversees and coordinates the daily patient care flow; assists and
participates in all aspects of patient care for all patients within
* Assists patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen
collection, exam preparation, etc.
* Applies the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches
* Prioritizes and multitasks to optimize patient experience.
* Ensures the well-being of patients and provides a positive,
supportive environment for patients and other staff.
* Completes patient referrals daily.
* Assists the provider with calling patients and informing them of
normal lab and imaging results reviewed by the provider.
* Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based
documentation for all assessments and procedures.
* Complies with and follows policies and procedures as outlined by
* Maintains HIPAA at all times.
* Performs biometric visits including testing, documentation and
patient education of at risk biometrics.
* Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types
of procedures, etc.
Learning and Ongoing Education (15%):
* Maintains skills and competency for all procedures.
* Maintains technical skills and applies new knowledge to position
according to MedExpress policy.
* Maintains knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of
* Maintains knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to
establish a safe work environment.
* Reads and keeps up-to-date on all ME Communications.
* Completes all assigned training.
Center Readiness and Maintenance (10%):
* Assists in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection and
machine maintenance on a daily basis and reports any and all
* Manages inventory of supplies; restocks exam/procedure rooms.
* Complies with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies
(i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
* Maintains and complies with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care
Accreditation site assessment requirements.
* Maintains clinical supplies and equipment and ensures proper
storage of biohazards.
* Prepares patient rooms; sets up instruments and equipment
according to protocol.
* Cleans exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between
patient visits to maintain infection control.
* Cleans according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping
* Participates in clinic accreditation programs and surveys. Helps
to coordinate the exchange of relevant patient information within
the guidelines of HIPPA with local healthcare organizations and
obtaining/analyzing performance data.
* Participates in quality improvement projects to include the
following topics: patient/primary care provider relationship,
accessibility to care, comprehensiveness of care, continuity and/or
coordination of care and clinical study.
* On-Site Solutions clinical team members including providers and
* On-Site Solutions Administrative clinical partners.
* External care services within vicinity of the On-Site.
* Graduate of an accredited School of Licensed Practical Nursing
with current state licensure.
* Minimum 4-5 years clinical experience in related field strongly
recommended and preferred.
* Required to maintain CME s as applicable for licensure.
* CPR certification required.
* Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations
including OSHA and HIPAA requirements.
* Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in
clinical management settings.
* Perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics
and conduct of the applicable State Board of Nursing and other such
* Ability to perform venipuncture and lab specimen collections.
* Able to meet the needs of the patient by processing requests and
referrals, providing efficient follow up with the patient, pharmacy
or other entity, as needed.
* Strong commitment to Customer Service and Excellence in
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
On-Site Solutions-based. Requires working in a clinical setting.
The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure
to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires:
travel to other On-Site Solutions/Centers, the ability to stand and
sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability
to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements and
ability to lift 50 lbs.
About the Organization
MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown,
West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate
neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to
making sure patients in communities across the country have access
to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely
positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S.
healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of
Genuine. Caring. Friendly in everything we do, we have the amazing
power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need
individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize
opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed
our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a
physician in our center or part of our IT team in our
administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to
life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our
teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed.
* Competitive salaries and benefits
* Flexibility and balance
* Development opportunities
* Appreciation and recognition
* Community engagement
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience
- one patient at a time.
MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace
Keywords: MedExpress, Greenville , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), On-Site Solutions, Healthcare , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!