Bartender - Part-Time- Greenville SC Convention Center
Company: Oak View Group
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Oak View GroupOak View Group is a sports and entertainment
company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena
development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance,
sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications,
conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is
headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout
the world.OverviewThe Bartender is responsible for the service of
all beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. They must be
personable, professional and able to work in an ever changing
fast-paced environment. The employee must maintain excellent
attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per
business need. -Responsibilities
- Must demonstrate ability to meet the company standard for
excellent in the areas of guest service, interaction with
co-workers and uniform standards.
- Follow the bar pre-shift notes and bar menus and provide
service as described.
- Serve alcoholic beverages following all proper procedures for
serving alcoholic drinks including state/federal regulations
pertaining to the distribution of alcohol.
- Responsible to learn or have knowledge of various beer, wine
varieties & spirits available, and be able to learn to suggestively
upsell products to guests.
- Must pour drinks responsibly in accordance with company
standards for serving size.
- Must check guests ID in accordance with state/federal
regulations to verify minimum age requirement for the purchase of
- Must communicate a cut-off to a guest as required.
- Listening and responding to any customer requests or
- Bartenders are expected to de-escalate intoxicated guest
situations. If a guest becomes confrontational, belligerent, or
uses extreme profanity, the bartender may contact management or
security as required.
- Contact a management member if he/she is unable to resolve or
make a decision beyond the scope of standard decision-making.
- Request additional product or restock product as required
- Ability to handle cash accurately is required. Employee is
responsible for issued bank at his/her bar.
- Maintains clean and sanitary work station at all times. Ensures
bar equipment is clean & well maintained.
- Other duties as assigned such as set-up and breakdown of bar
equipment as required and assisting with organization of the cooler
- Six months or more experience bartending.
- Accurate cash handling skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be self-directed while working in a team-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends
and long hours.
- Bartending school preferred -Strengthened by our Differences.
United to Make a Difference.At OVG, we understand that to continue
positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry,
we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that
inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our
service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in
creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse
communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason
we are committed to amplifying voices from all different
backgrounds.Vaccination StatementWe are committed to ensuring all
our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for
artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging
trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to
continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. - -Should
circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination
requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our
employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.EEOOak View
Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not
discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any
legally recognized basis (protected class) including, but not
limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental
disability, genetic information or any other protected class under
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Oak View Group, Greenville , Bartender - Part-Time- Greenville SC Convention Center, Hospitality & Tourism , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!