Utility Locators, Start $20 Hr, Greenville, SC (Take Home Co Vehicle)
Company: Heath Consultants
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Heath Consultants is seeking Utility Locators to work in the
Greenville, SC and surrounding areas marking underground utility
lines. Starting wage $20 hour with a $1 increase at 6 months based
on performance. Experienced locators can start at a higher rate
based on previous experience. Previous experience highly desirable.
Great training program and company vehicle (take home) provided
along with a cell phone and laptop. Excellent opportunities to
advance with a family owned company in business for 87 years.
- Safety is our number one priority
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Approach all that we do with a sense of urgency
- Always do the right thing
- Treat others as you wish to be treated
- Strive for excellence in everything we do
- Provide an environment that nurtures growth and enjoyment
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Utility industry experience preferred but not required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Basic computer literacy (all documentation is computer
- This job requires traveling to service locations, it is
required to have a valid driver's license.
- Meets Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) requirements.
- Aptitude for basic math skills to calculate distances and
ability to read utility prints and maps.
- Within the first month achieve a Six Sigma Lean certificate of
achievement. Job Requirements:
- The job is primarily outdoors but may involve entering
residential and commercial properties. This work is performed under
all weather conditions. They may regularly be exposed to heat,
cold, rain and other elements of outdoor weather.
- Working in residential, urban, suburban, and rural areas as
designated by client.
- Heath Consultants is a drug free work environment, employment
is contingent on passing background check and a
pre-employment/random drug test.
- The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time on
varying types of terrain, to bend and stoop, and to lift heavy
items is essential.
- The utility locator may also have to perform physical
activities such as using a shovel to unearth utilities.
- Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although
some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected. The
Field Technician, Locator's purpose is to provide a safe, quality
service in support of state and federal damage prevention programs,
on behalf of our clients for the excavating community.
- Follow all company, client, state, and federal damage
prevention program guidelines.
- Follow all company safety, quality, and operational policies
- Complete the Heath Consultants training and applicable operator
qualification program requirements.
- Represents the company in a professional manner.
- Using locating equipment to determine location of utilities,
mark area with paint and/or flags to prevent damage to utility
- Fulfilling the entire scope of the locate requests (tickets)
per damage prevention guidelines.
- Adhere to the vehicle policy.
- Reading utility prints and maps.
- Communicating professionally when interacting with homeowners,
contractors, and utility representatives.
- Develop a knowledge and -understanding -of the underground
- Meet overtime and travel requirements.
- Participation in rotational after hours on-call will be
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor. We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Heath Consultants, Greenville , Utility Locators, Start $20 Hr, Greenville, SC (Take Home Co Vehicle), Human Resources , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!