HR Manager - Safety Involvement
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Established and international company with a good working culture
that values personal work/life balance has a newly created
opportunity for a HR Manager - Safety Involvement at their large
site which is commutable to the west of Greenville, SC that will
develop, maintain and administer the various components of the
safety and safety training programs in a cost effective and
customer driven manner that will enable the Company to provide a
safe and healthy workplace for all employees. This
opportunity offers major company benefits as well as 6% bonus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain professional relationships that will
provide for information needed to remain knowledgeable on best
practices in the areas of safety and training.
- Develop and maintain an effective communications program that
will facilitate an environment that encourages continuous safety
- Develop and maintain appropriate metrics to track and evaluate
the effectiveness of the company's safety program.
- Develop and maintain the overall Safety Program for all
locations. Manage the on-going employee communications, employee
training and the administration of such.
- Lead safety audits to ensure compliance with federal and state
statutes and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for administering the workers compensation program
and associated return to work programs for all locations.
- Coordinate all associated activities of the First Aid, CPR,
AED, and Bloodborne Pathogen team including selection, training,
and recognition of the team. Ensure associated training and
equipment is up-to-date for all locations.
- Coordinate the activities of the various Safety
- Manage the issuance of company security/time & attendance
badges for all locations. Serve as Backup to security for access
- Manage the random drug testing program for all
- Manage the Personal Protective Equipment programs including
selection and PPE administration.
- Manage all safety program vendor relationships including
administration of safety shoe and safety glasses program.
- Coordinate all federal and state safety compliance programs
including updating the various OSHA 300 reports, employee
communications and training
- Ensure that appropriate safety incentives are in place to
reward and motivate a zero accident safety culture. Administer the
Safety Pays Program.
- Lead all accident investigations including root cause analysis
and the recommendation of appropriate remedies to prevent any
- Develop and maintain the SDS database.
- Develop and update as necessary appropriate evacuation
procedures for fire and weather. Provide relevant training to all
employees to ensure an orderly response to an evacuation
- Act as Back-up to VP Mfg Engineering Radiation Safety Officer
relative to establishing and updating radiation handling
procedures, reviewing exposure data and ensuring compliance with
all relevant federal and state statutes.
- Actively participate the development of the Human Resources
operating budget as it relates to safety.
- Document all Safety training activities in the HRIS.
- Serve as an Administrator for the Emergency Alert
- Coordinate DOT administration program for all Company truck
drivers. Administer yearly Motor Vehicle Report for all Company car
drivers. Serve on Driver Safety Committee.
- Serve on Security Committee.
- Coordinate Forklift training program.
- Coordinate Hearing and Respirator testing programs along with
- Serve on the 5S audit team.
- Ensure completion of Safety Training as required by OSHA, along
with development of weekly safety training for all
- Coordinate Industrial Hygiene Testing as needs arise as well as
participate in new equipment safety sign off.
- Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and
thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures,
instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal
protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous
conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any
unsafe condition or practice to your supervisor.
- Manages up to 10 direct Engineering personnel ensuring adequate
staffing needs, holiday allowances, recruitment, training,
development, appraisals, attendance, disciplinary issues, and daily
supervision to maximize productivity
- Performs other duties as directed
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SDS, and HCM Software
- Creates a positive atmosphere in which timely and high-quality
communication flows smoothly
- Directs, coaches, collaborates, and delegates appropriately
while working as a team
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Outstanding organization, documentation, and customer service
- Prioritize and complete a variety of tasks in a timely
- Excellent verbal, written and reading comprehension
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills
- Possesses a strong commitment to a team environment while
working well with others
- Knowledge of case management procedures and issues relating to
workmen's compensation and other workplace safety issues
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations
regarding compliance training requirements.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal safety compliance and
regulatory issues, including the Occupational Safety and Health
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Related
- 10 + years of Human Resources experience required
- 5+ years of safety experience in a manufacturing environment is
- OSHA 30 Hour Training Certification
Keywords: Job Juncture, Greenville , HR Manager - Safety Involvement, Human Resources , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!