System Administrator (WMS-Pathguide)
Company: Rexel USA
Posted on: March 25, 2020
As our world changes rapidly around us in the years to come, one
thing we can be sure of is that it will be powered by
electricity.We have a great company, selling electrical products,
control systems and software that serve homes, buildings and
industry.It is a wonderful place for creative, energetic people to
build careers in our supply chain, branches, and advisory
teams.Thank you for giving us a look.We are seeking a System
Administrator (WMS-Pathguide) to join our Gexpro Services team in
Greenville, SC!SummaryWe are seeking a Systems Administrator for
our Warehouse Management System (WMS Pathguide) who is a
self-starter that can identify, analyze, and solve technical issues
quickly, communicate effectively, and collaborate well with team
members. Provide sound technical advice and expertise in support of
the teams mission: To provide uninterrupted and reliable access to
the WMS (Pathguide) systems.The position will be ideally located in
Greenville, SC or Irving, TX.Essential Responsibilities
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance
of mission-critical host computer resources. Provide
recommendations for improving or changing the WMS environment to
maintain high availability.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the servers hosting the
Pathguide WMS by monitoring system performance, configuration,
maintenance, and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime
and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
- Working with 3rd party hosting vendor, oversees revisions to
host system firmware and software. Works with 3rd party hosting
vendors to assist with support activities.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans,
custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational
reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and
hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads
problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other
support personnel and/or organizations.
- Oversees users accounts.
- Provides server support related to other software.
- Working with the security team and the 3rd party hosting
vendor, develops procedures to maintain security and protect
systems from unauthorized use and user abuse.
- Working with 3rd party hosting vendor, ensures appropriate
backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based
- Stays current with technological developments in systems
administration technology and recommends ways for the team to take
advantage of new technology.
- Works with 3rd party managed services to ensure SLAs are met
and all contracted activities are performed accurately.
- Coordinates offshore technical activities.
- Supports the Director, IT and IT Manager with other tasks as
needed.Skills, Knowledge, and Education Required
- A 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field.
Appropriate additional experience may be substituted for education
on a year for year basis.
- 4+ years experience working with SQL databases
- 4+ years experience working in High Availability
- 3+ years experience utilizing Progress Databases
- 4+ years work experience in complex systems design,
programming, and systems software, and support
- Familiar with distribution business processes such as
receiving, shipping, cycle counting, inventory adjustments,
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is a
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving
abilities; keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact
with project leads, developers, and other team members.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of:
- Programming languages and operating systems
- Current equipment and technologies in use
- Unix system administration
- Enterprise backup and recovery procedures
- System performance monitoring tools.
- Ability to:
- Plan, organize and document complex system design activities
and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional
- Perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency
- Communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in
- Establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust, and
- Knowledge in any the following areas will be considered a
- Windows server 2008 and later
- Database administration or experience with UniVerse, Postgress,
or SQL Server (UniVerse is preferred).
- Application development (Pick preferred)
- In addition to educational requirements the following
experience is desirable:
- ERP Experience systems (Eclipse preferred)
- Distribution or manufacturing industry experience (distribution
preferred)Essential Capabilities Core ValuesBand Specific
- Deliver the Best Customer Service
- Join Forces for Success
- Encourage to Innovate
- Engage People to Develop their Talents
- Trust Each Other
- Enjoy Making a Difference
- Draws inspiration from our customers by understanding their
- Constantly promotes teamwork beyond boundaries and
- Thinks out of the box and adopts a positive attitude towards
- Respects colleagues and treats them in a fair/constructive
- Takes accountability for promises and responsibilities
- Continuously looks for ways to recognize and celebrate
excellent performanceRexel USA (A VEVRAA Federal Contractor), and
its affiliated companies, is an EEO/Disabled/Veterans employer. All
qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment
without regard to any characteristics protected by law.If you need
accommodation for any part of the application process because of a
medical condition or disability, please send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org at mailto:email@example.com? or call
888-739-3547 to let us know the nature of your request.System
Administrator (WMS-Pathguide)99273GreenvilleGexpro ServicesIT
Keywords: Rexel USA, Greenville , System Administrator (WMS-Pathguide), IT / Software / Systems , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!