Software Engineer - Digital Solutions
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Description As a Software E ngineer , you will design and
implement software solutions for industrial automation, data
integration, and test projects. Your partners will be some of the
most talented in the automation industry. The innovative solutions
we work on offer diverse experiences that will strengthen your
skills and challenge your abilities. This is an exciting
opportunity to join the newly created and rapidly expanding Digital
Solutions Group ! You will have the flexibility to work remote -50%
of the time and able to commute to one of these office locations:
Greenville, SC; Liberty, SC; Nashville, TN; Holland, MI or Auburn
Hills, MI; or Ogden, UT.
What You'll Do:
- Architect, design, develop and support software systems for
manufacturing automation machines requiring: dynamic software
solutions, custom software, algorithm development, plant
- Primary activities include application development in .Net,
special interface/driver development in various languages, embedded
system development, database development, and highly specialized
test system development.
- Other activities may include 2D and 3D vision system
development, high-end robot programming, and development of
internal tools (e.g., specialized CASE tools used by our robot and
PLC programmers). Note: This list of responsibilities is not
inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for
activities. What You'll Bring:
- Four-year degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar discipline.
- Demonstrated focus/experience software development. Skills
- NET programming - Desktop apps, web apps, database
- Lab/Test Automation - National Instruments LabView, low-level
and embedded programming
- Database design and SQL programming - SQL Server, Oracle
- Machine Vision - Halcon, Cognex VisionPro, Keyence, Matrox, NI,
- HMI/SCADA programming - Ignition, Factory Talk View, WinCC,
etc. nice to have.
- Robot programming - Fanuc, ABB, Kuka, etc. preferred. Other
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams
leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades
of experience to provide our global customers with world-class
automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations
with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly
every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we
believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow,
collaborate and evolve. Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27
facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great
benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and
training opportunities to develop your skills. Come Think. Solve.
Create. With Us!
Keywords: Hitachi, Greenville , Software Engineer - Digital Solutions, IT / Software / Systems , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!