Legal Assistant - Defense Litigation
Company: GALLIVAN WHITE BOYD, P.A.
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Employees in this job coordinate office activities for
Attorneys, performing a variety of legal secretarial duties such as
scheduling hearings, preparing legal documents and correspondence,
docketing cases and maintaining court dockets and diaries, and
providing information and direction to others. The work requires
knowledge of legal, secretarial, and office practices. -
- Perform assignments under attorney direction
- Organize and analyze information
- Organize case files including, but not limited to - indexing,
reports, charts, and numerical and tabular materials
- Cross-check and validate information
- Prepare written reports, correspondence, business letters,
minutes, charts and other documents as directed
- Interact with clients and opposing counsel as necessary to
effectively perform assigned duties for Attorney(s)
- Miscellaneous projects as requested
- Assist attorneys in preparation for hearings
- All other duties as required Job Requirements:Requirements
- 1-2 years Legal Assistant experience preferred. - (Defense
Litigation)Ability to determine work priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Skilled typing ability and knowledge of personal computers,
hardware, software, and related applications and systems.
- Ability to compose correspondence and reports.
- Knowledge of court and administrative hearing rules and
- Knowledge of correct English usage, spelling, punctuation, and
- Knowledge of the organization and composition of business
letters, minutes, reports, charts, and numerical and tabular
- Knowledge of the techniques of receiving callers, making
appointments, giving information, and explaining instructions and
guidelines. Able to work individually or as member of a collegial
- Willingness to participate in shared office duties and
requirements. Experience with legal case management software is a
plus. Benefits Gallivan White & Boyd offers a robust benefits
package including: 401(k) plan, affordable health, dental and
vision coverage, life insurance, critical illness, health savings
account (HSA), flexible spending accounts to help offset the cost
of dependent care and/or health care expenses (FSA), short term
disability, long term disability, Teledoc to provide 24/7 access to
a doctor by phone or online video, and an employee assistant
program (EAP). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are fully
committed to the importance of diversity within the legal
profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly
encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Keywords: GALLIVAN WHITE BOYD, P.A., Greenville , Legal Assistant - Defense Litigation, Legal , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!