Tube Shop Supervisor
Company: Gates Corporation
Posted on: January 17, 2020
At Gates, we welcome challenges, celebrate hard work, and
continually seek new talent to join our global company. Our
Greenville office is looking for a Production Supervisor. This
position Leads and directs employees of the plant to ensure we meet
customer expectations in all manufacturing areas including safety,
quality, delivery and cost. Please review below to see if this
might be the right opportunity for you.
* Responsible for providing daily direction and training to shop
floor employees who perform work in production, assembly, and other
shop floor areas ensuring efficient operations and processes.
Communicating with staff and employees to drive alignment and
consistency to goals and company objectives
* Manages performance, productivity, attendance, quality, and
housekeeping expectations and drives personal accountability.
Addresses performance problems, recognition and provides coaching
where appropriate. Ensures policies and work practices are
administered in a fair and consistent fashion.
* Ensures a continuous focus is placed on process improvement and
reduction of waste. Empowers and encourages employees to
continually evaluate and improve daily processes.
* Ensures a safety driven culture. Ensures expectations are clearly
articulated, safe work practices are adhered to and holds employees
accountable for safety infractions. Investigates safety related
issues or violations.
* Responsible for reporting and tracking of shift metrics.
* Performs other tasks or duties as assigned.
* Requires a working knowledge of equipment and production
* Demonstrated ability to coach, lead and empower people
* Demonstrated ability to drive accountability, resolve conflict
and manage performance expectations.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt and flex styles
in a quickly changing team environment.
* Strong team player; proactively able to step in to support other
team members as needed.
* Must have strong organizational and planning skills. Be able to
prioritize and juggle multiple tasks while meeting expected
* Takes action, anticipates the needs of internal and external
customers and is self-directed in achieving results.
* Uses creativity to seek quality solutions and process
improvements while keeping in mind the needs of the business.
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
* General computer skills to include proficiency in the Microsoft
suite of products (i.e. Excel and Word)
* Must be able to work any shift.
High School education or equivalent and 4 years of experience
Will manage direct reports and have responsibility for performance
management and day-to-day coaching to ensure success of the
Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific
fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are
driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer
products that continually exceed expectations.
We don t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to
inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest
continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only
outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers demanding
expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world
experience that enables us to solve our customers diverse
challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are
constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service
offerings to support every facet of our customers operations. In
the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is
there with the right product, in the right place at the right time.
Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the
aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more
efficient, productive, and profitable.
We are Gates.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment
opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment
decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of gender,
race, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship,
sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status or any other
protected class defined by state or local law.
Keywords: Gates Corporation, Greenville , Tube Shop Supervisor, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!