Supv, Distribution Outbound - GVDC
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of
maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related
products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and
institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety
gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with
services like inventory management and technical support. These
customers represent a broad collection of industries including
commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place
orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives,
over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers
provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in
Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
- Provide leadership and supervision to distribution team members
within a specific functional area and/or process.
- Support process manager and/or Sr.operations manager to ensure
timely, accurate product receipt, order fulfillment, and the
optimization of resources and processes.
- Manage team members to ensure compliance with
policies/procedures, process improvement, and drive team member
initiatives to create and promote an environment where team members
are engaged and committed to the success of the Company thereby
negating the need for third party representation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the daily operations in the functional area and lead
team members until the work is complete for the day.
- Maintain, refine and/or improve processes within the area to
meet customer requirements which include deadlines and quality
- Manages day to day scheduling, staffing, material management,
compliance, training and auditing activities.
- Provide a positive and engaging working environment focusing on
the DC metrics including housekeeping standards are developed into
- Emphasize safety and quality commitments for the department and
ensure 100% compliance with the department's processes and
- Have in depth understanding of the department's DC processes
and functions. Identify key variables that influence the workflow
process and develop and implement departmental changes enhancing
- Develop and implement performance measurements and internal
auditing processes to routinely evaluate operations efficiency and
- Ensure compliance with Company, OSHA, DOT, EPA regulations with
emphasis on HazMat, and PIE requirements. Certify the
handling/shipping of hazardous materials are in compliance with
government regulations and Grainger policies.
- Verify appropriate training for team members within the
department, (Including, not limited to: PIE, HazMat, BCG,
- Deliver results in support of the company strategy and
- Supervise, train, and develop approximately 20+ DC team members
in non-exempt positions. Effectively communicate coaching and
corrective action to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
while treating team members fairly and with respect.
- Provide timely feedback and development to team members. This
includes performance evaluations, recognition and disciplinary
- Support and participate in hiring activities within the
- Facilitate and/or lead various teams for improvement, safety
and engagement to improvement DC processes and engagement to the
- Must be able to meet departmental expectations to effectively
- Must be able to operate PIE for specific departments (machine
picking/put away, etc)
Preferred Education and Experience
- BA Degree or equivalent preferred
- 2-5 years previous leadership or supervisor experience in
high-volume, multi-shift, order fulfillment distribution center
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive employee
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed to supervise non-exempt
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to interface
well with other departments and lead effectively in a team
- Ability to analyze and solve problems related to distribution,
quality, cycle time and key metrics.
- Ability to analyze data to determine paths for process
improvement and determine root cause.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with the
ability to communicate effectively both vertical and horizontal
within the organization.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills
and drive results.
- Ability to operate on tight deadlines with multiple priorities
subject to change.
- Work conditions typical of distribution center
- Ability to lift materail greater than 60lbs. may be
- Must be able to interface with a multi-shift operation with
extended hours of operation. 85% time on warehouse environment
which may include in the actual flow when needed, 15% office,
training, customer contact.
- Demonstrated competence in the Microsoft Suite, SAP and
warehouse management systems.
"Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected
veteran status."Apply Now
Keywords: Grainger, Greenville , Supv, Distribution Outbound - GVDC, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!