Patient Care Coordinator
Company: Informed Medical Decisions, Inc
Posted on: February 22, 2021
InformedDNA is the largest and most experienced independent
genetics services company in the United States. We offer a broad
range of leading edge genetics advisory services to hospitals and
health systems, health plans and life sciences companies. We are
committed to delivering excellent service. We also employ the
largest full-time staff of independent objective genetics
specialists in the nation. But that does not tell the whole story.
Check us out at informeddna.com. We call our amazing team
"Chromies." What does it take to be a Chromie? Respect for All,
Being Wicked Smart, Accountability, Exceeding Expectations, Getting
it Done Through Teamwork, Live Life in Balance, Know Your Truth
North, and Giving Back.
About the Role
Patient Care Coordinators are the first line of contact with
patients being referred to InformedDNA's genetic counseling
services. This position works closely with patients, providers, and
clients throughout the process of registration and scheduling to
ensure service goals are met.The Patient Care Coordinator must
provide superior customer service to patients and providers while
registering, scheduling, and completing necessary documentation and
follow-up correspondence with the referring provider.Essential
- Registration and scheduling of patients.
- Provide education to patients as necessary to inform about
InformedDNA's services and the genetic counseling process.
- Uploading patient-related documents to chart.
- Work with patients to inform of benefits, process and to set
- Complete the required chart documentation and information
- Scheduling patients for review of Test Results whenever
- Answer questions from clients regarding patient status,
process, or other customer service matters.
- Send appropriate provider correspondence for each
- Assist with basic technical support for InformedDNA's Patient
- Utilize all available tools and information to deliver
excellent customer service to patients and providers.
- Escalate any unresolved matters of a patient or provider care
to the supervisor.
- Adherence to InformedDNA policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manager, Patient Care
Job Category: Client Services; Non-Exempt; Full-timeSchedule:Monday
- Friday - Must have ability to work between the hours of 8:30 a.m.
- 9:45 p.m. EST (shifts may vary)Location:Remote; anywhere in the
InformedDNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. InformedDNA provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability
status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by the law. InformedDNA complies with applicable state
and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Your Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, college coursework
- Demonstrated customer service or social service experience
- Must have patient scheduling experience
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Self-directed, able to work with limited direct supervision,
but follow SOPs.
- Ability to show empathy and excellent listening
- Ability to quickly absorb, understand, and apply complex
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel.
- Google application skills required.
- Well organized, good at multitasking.
- Self-motivated with an ability for continuous improvement ideas
and problem resolution.
- Ability to identify areas that need improvement in current
- Work well in an evolving, fast paced, and lightly structured
- Experience complying with state and federal
- Adapts quickly to changes in processes and technology
- Excellent communication skills in one-to-one and group
- Ability to handle multiple, unrelated tasks in a high-pressure
- Responsible for providing quality patient and customer services
and identifying and recommending processes and procedures to
increase the effectiveness and efficiency of activities and
- Positive disposition; Ability to maintain a balance between
life and work.
Keywords: Informed Medical Decisions, Inc, Greenville , Patient Care Coordinator, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!