Pipe Welder (Turnkey Installation) - Greenville, SC
Company: Trane Technologies plc
Posted on: April 6, 2021
At Trane Technologies we Challenge Possible. Our brands -
including Trane and Thermo King - create access to cooling and
comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what's possible for a sustainable world. Job Summary: Our
Trane office in Greenville, SC is looking for a Pipe Welder to join
our Turnkey Installation Team. The primary position of a Pipe
Welder is to weld and install piping and related components for
chillers, hot water systems and boiler/steam systems in commercial
and industrial environments. Secondary responsibilities will be to
support HVAC equipment installations at level appropriate of
training and skills as requested by supervision. ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
functions may be assigned.
- Plan, layout, weld, install, test and repair pipe in accordance
with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry
- Analyzes and interprets work instructions and specifications
and translates the same into diagrams and charts to perform project
activities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Utilizes hand and power tools properly to measure and cut pipes
and tubes and performs repair activities for defective joints.
- Cuts and threads pipes using pipe cutters and threading
equipment and bending pipes with bending machines when
- Analyzes blueprints and technical specifications, including
isometric and orthographic drawings, to determine project
requirements and perform takeoffs for material orders in a timely
- Responsible for planning, analyzing and timely completion of
assigned projects and activities.
- Ensures compliance with internal contracting processes.
- Performs site surveys, replacements, modifications and start-up
as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining
building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and
coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Maintains assigned stock of inventory, company equipment, and
documents to all related activities.
- Provides sales leads to appropriate personnel.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including
daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
- Records parts, material, labor, and other cost data per
assignment and returns unused resources.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely
- Represents the company by serving as a direct customer
- Communicates with customers and their representatives,
including building owners, subcontractors, and field support
- Identifies equipment to order for installation and assists in
determining schedule of need.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation,
operation, maintenance, service, and repair of mechanical
- Provides technical support to customers on assigned
- Maintains vehicles by keeping records of service manuals,
scheduling, completed repairs and maintenance service.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of
- Regular travel requirements with occasional overnight stays
within the territory.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent. Welding Degree or formal
training from a Technical School is preferred.
- Must have Welding Certifications in Pipe and Metals
- Must be able to pass a welding test for stainless and carbon
steel piping. Welding methods Stick (SMAW) and TIG.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of pipefitting, be able to read
blueprints and specifications, and have at least 2-5 years of
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years.
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years.
- This position requires working outdoors, in
mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment. The
employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions;
high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside
weather conditions; risk of electrical shock (high voltage); and
vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic
chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the
work environment is usually loud.
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling and use of a
ladder. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to
10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs. and occasionally
lift and or move more than 40 lbs. We offer competitive
compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our
employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We
are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful
at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for
others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable
world. We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective
of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status,
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected
Keywords: Trane Technologies plc, Greenville , Pipe Welder (Turnkey Installation) - Greenville, SC, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!