Field Support Specialist
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Position Overview This position will provide comprehensive field
support for Proterra's bus demonstrations across North America and
to Proterra's Greenville Business Development Manager and other
site leadership team members. You will be responsible for
maintaining the Demo Programs' fleet of buses, ensuring the uptime
of support equipment, supporting bus demonstrations around the
country and ultimately helping Proterra on its mission to deliver
clean, quite transportation for all. About the Role - You will:
- Maintain excellent communication with customers and property
- Aid with customer demonstration by driving buses, providing
technical support to the Sales team, and troubleshooting and
resolving issues that arise.
- Travel to customer locations in North America to train and
instruct users on the operation of demo/lease equipment and
- Complete retrofit campaigns on Demo Program vehicles.
- Repair, maintain, troubleshoot and service electrical buses and
chargers operated by the demo program using skills and tools that
range from computer diagnostics to basic mechanical tools.
- Maintain detailed and timely paperwork and documentation for
repairs and installations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management. About Our
- As strategic partners, the Demo Program team strives to ensure
that our values, culture and engagement always allow us do great
things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to
our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our
clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respectand always try to have a little
fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Demo Program team that
supports Proterra's Sales and Marketing operations
- You will report to the Program Manager, Business Development
and collaborate with other team members located at our headquarters
in Burlingame, CA and manufacturing facilities in Greenville, SC
and Los Angeles, CA. About You:
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and
techniques to influence at all levels of the organization and
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and
credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, diligent and able to operate
independently with limited supervision (completing assigned work
accurately and in a timely manner).
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment; Good problem-solving and analytical skills
(troubleshoot technical issues, communicate and document solutions
to non-technical parties).
- Excellent English communication skills. Your Experience
- 2+ years' experience of directly related work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- General knowledge of bus, automotive and/or vehicle
- Hands-on experience in either electrical, mechanical or other
related field service experience; experience with electrical and
- Experience interacting and communicating with customers.
- Intermediate level computer skills (including MS
- Good driving record demonstrating ability to safely operate a
- Physical Demands:
- May work various shifts as needed; may be requested to travel
to different locations.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds.
- Able to walk, stand, crouch, bench, kneel, lift, carry and
reach as needed in large and tight spaces.
- Good eye/hand coordination and ability to identify color
variations, depth perceptions and close or distance visual
- Manual dexterity with occasional repetitive finger motion.
- Environmental Demands:
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment with extreme heat
and cold conditions.
- Wear protective clothing or respiratory protective
- Works with irritant chemicals, gases, etc. You might also have:
- Associates Degree or higher in an applicable technical
- ASE or other applicable certification.
- Commercial Driver's License or ability to obtain. Travel: Will
provide support nationally (Position is based in Greenville, SC).
This is a full-remote position. Other locations may be assigned as
necessary within the United States and Canada to assist other
regions or customers when need arises. Overnight stays during the
week are to be expected. EEO Proterra is an Equal Employment
Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to
all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran
status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions,
including, but not limited to, lactation or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program (E-Verify).
Keywords: Proterra, Greenville , Field Support Specialist, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!