Company: Proterra, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position will provide comprehensive field support for
Proterras bus demonstrations across North America, manage
deployments of lease vehicles, as well as provide technical sales
support for the transit Sales team. Additionally, you will be
responsible for maintaining the Demo Programs fleet of buses,
ensuring the uptime of support equipment and ultimately helping
Proterra on its mission to deliver clean, quite transportation for
About the Role You will:
- Maintain excellent communication with customers and property
- Aid with customer demonstrations by driving buses, providing
technical support to the Sales team, and troubleshooting and
resolving issues that arise.
- Coordinate lease bus deployments and refurbishment of old demo
assets in preparation for sale to customer
- Travel to customer locations in North America to train users on
the operation of demo/lease equipment and associated
- Complete retrofit campaigns on Demo Program vehicles.
- Repair, maintain, troubleshoot and service electric buses and
chargers operated by the demo program using skills and tools that
range from computer diagnostics to basic mechanical tools.
- Maintain detailed and timely paperwork and documentation for
repairs and installations.
- 60% Travel
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
About Our Group:
- The Demo Program strives to ensure that our values, culture and
engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest-level of service and support
to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively with the Sales Teams to strategically
demonstrate Proterras class leading electric bus technology across
- We treat each other with respectand always try to have a little
fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Demo Program that supports
Proterras Sales and Marketing operations.
- You will report to theProgram Manager, Business
Development and collaborate with team members within
Sales, Marketing, Service and Engineering.
- This position is based in Greenville.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and
techniques to influence at all levels of the organization and
- Performs well under pressure
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and
credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, diligent and able to operate
independently with limited supervision (completing assigned work
accurately and in a timely manner).
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment; Good problem-solving and analytical skills
(troubleshoot technical issues, communicate and document solutions
to non-technical parties).
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability for follow instructions and adhere to all the safety
policies and procedures.
- 2+ years experience of directly related work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- General knowledge of bus, automotive and/or vehicle
- Hands-on experience in either electrical, mechanical or other
related field service experience; experience with electrical and
- Experience interacting and communicating with customers.
- Intermediate level computer skills (including MS
- Good driving record demonstrating ability to safely operate a
- Physical and Environmental Demands include but not limited to
the following: lifting, bending, climbing, kneeling, reaching,
sitting, standing, working from ladders, walking, working in
extreme temperatures (cold/heat), confined quarters, excessive
noise and high voltage.
- Ability to rent a vehicle and clear TSA security with proper
ID. A corporate travel credit card will be provided (company
You might also have:
- Associates Degree or higher in an applicable technical
- ASE or other applicable certification.
- Commercial Drivers License or ability to obtain.
Location/Travel:Will provide support
This is a full-remote position. Other locations may be assigned
as necessary within the United States and Canada to assist other
regions or customers when need arises. Overnight stays during the
week are to be expected.
The ability to enter Canada with a current Passport or other
acceptable form of ID approved by both countries (REAL ID, Global
Entry, etc.) is preferred.
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer,
providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status,
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including,
but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra
participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Proterra, Inc., Greenville , Development, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!