Posted on: May 3, 2021
The person in this role will be primarily responsible for a
broad range of corporate commercial legal issues for a public
company, including significant emphasis on legal issues related to
technology and software development and licensing as well as:
general contractual matters (review, drafting, and negotiating),
creditors rights, regulatory compliance, corporate finance,
litigation, mergers & acquisitions, corporate governance,
securities, intellectual property, real estate, intellectual
property, and risk management issues. Provides legal guidance to
all levels of management for publicly-traded U.S. company.
Preferably, the position will be based in Greenville, South
Carolina but may also be in another ScanSource office or, possibly,
Job Duties/Essential Functions:
- Legal advisor to the go-to-market business sales, support,
supplier services, marketing and support functions including
finance, financial services, operations, IT & software
- Prepares and reviews contracts involving technology
distribution, sales, leases, purchases, employment, insurance,
- Drafting and negotiating legal documents relating to financing
transactions and collections, for our in-house credit
- Assist in and/or lead due diligence for M&A activities and
- Assist in managing the companys legal entities and ensuring
entity requirements are met.
- Researches and analyzes various legal / business issues and
formulates a recommendation for business clients.
- Prepares and executes legal documents by analyzing, drafting,
negotiating, reviewing, and filing these documents.
- Coordinates and assists in representation of the organization
in legal disputes.
- Corporate governance and compliance work related to a
- Effectively manages outside counsel to achieve business goals
while controlling costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reporting is TBD based on the selected candidate.
- Interacts with all levels of management
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) from an accredited law school
- Membership in a US bar, with the ability to obtain a South
Carolina license or Limited Certificate of Admission for In-House
Demonstrate abilities in the following:
- 5 to 10 or more years relevant experience
- Significant previous experience with technology/software
licensing, negotiations, general commercial transactions required
and strong preference for experience with recurring revenue
transactions and/or the master agency business model
- Preference given to candidates with prior in-house counsel
- Significant competency and experience in any of the following:
contracts, creditors rights, technology, and recurring revenue
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of
- Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at
designated company or home office location during normal business
hours designated for the position.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- An essential function for this position, based on business
necessity, is that the employee must be physically in attendance at
his/her workstation at the designated company or home office
location during the normal business hours designated for the
ScanSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: ScanSource, Greenville , Corporate Counsel, Other , greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!