Posted on: May 3, 2021
Legal CounselLocation: Greenville, SC
Job Description: Provide direct and indirect legal support and
counsel on a variety of legal matters arising out of AVX business
operations, both domestic and international. This could include
mergers & acquisitions, risk management, litigation/disputes,
vendor relations, employment, and corporate governance.
Reports To: Sr. VP, General Counsel
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft, review and negotiate all types of commercial agreements,
including sales agreements, supply agreements, quality agreements,
and non-disclosure agreements through engagement with commercial
and procurements leads.
- Train internal clients with respect to:
- Contracting processes and use of legal playbooks
- Legal compliance with local, state, national, and international
- Manage contract compliance.
- Advise management and relevant stakeholders on legal,
regulatory and compliance issues, working with outside counsel, as
- Keep current and update the legal team and relevant
stakeholders on new legislative issues, statues, decisions and
ordinances that could impact the business.
- Assist in due diligence for acquisitions, joint ventures, and
other legal relationships.
- Handle other projects as requested.
- Juris Doctor from ABA-accredited law school and active bar
license in good standing in at least one state is required
- 7-10 years law firm and/or in-house experience, which includes
drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial agreements.
International experience (EMEA or APAC) preferred.
- Experience with government, defense, and automotive industry
- Ability to issue, spot, and provide incisive, practical, and
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a
multi-cultural environment, and prioritize multiple competing
workloads with changing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Possess a high level of professionalism and outstanding
business judgment and has experience meeting with and advising
internal business clients at all levels of the organization.
- Strong cross-cultural written and verbal communication skills,
including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex
legal concepts to a lay audience.
- Travel required up to 20% of time.
Keywords: AVX, Greenville , Legal Counsel, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!