Company: Caris Healthcare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is responsible for the
development and delivery of social work service, to promote access
to funding mechanisms for patients in need of care, and to promote
interdisciplinary collaboration for the support of emotional and
social well-being of patients and families.
- Performs patient and family assessment, along with the initial
bereavement assessment withinfive (5) days of admission to hospice.
Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to formulate the
Plan of Care (POC).
- Discusses the POC with the admitting RN on the day of admission
for new patients.
- When requested by the patient/family conducts regular social
work visits and documents visit.
- Evaluates insurance coverage on patients and assists
patient/family with obtaining Medicaid or other insurance coverage
when the patient does not have a payer source.
- Participates in the IDT Meeting and updates the POC at least
every 14 days.
- Responsible for facilitating discharge and transfer of patients
to other healthcare providers when hospice care is no longer
requested or appropriate and completing appropriate paperwork.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement Process as
requested by the Administrator and/or the Patient Care
- Identifies psychosocial problems and establishes goals that are
pertinent, personalized, and measurable as evidenced by
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Hospice Medicare and Medicaid
Benefit and is able to convey knowledge to patients and
- Conducts after death bereavement assessment.
- Explains Advanced Directives to Patients/Families and
communicates and documents patient decisions to the patients
- May be asked to assist with in-services to vendors.
- Assists patient/family with making funeral arrangements, if
- Knowledgeable of federal, state and local resources for
patients, when appropriate, and assists patients/families in
obtaining these resources.
- Willing and able to accurately utilize any automated device
required to document in the electronic medical record.
- Communicates with physicians regarding changes in patient's
condition and documents interventions.
- Must be willing and available to make after hours visits (i.e.
on weekday evenings and/or weekend) when needed for a patients
admission, death or funeral, etc.
- Tennessee and Missouri = MSW preferred, minimun BSW
- Virginia = Social Work Licensure required;LMSW preferred, Min.
- South Caroline = Social Work Licensure Required;
- Georgia = Social Work Licensure required;LMSW preferred, Min.
- If minimum requirement is a Baccalaureate degree in Social
Work. This is only available as long as Caris is able to arrange
ongoing supervision and oversight by an MSW
- One (1) year of social work experience in a health care
Keywords: Caris Healthcare, Greenville , Social Worker, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!