Associate Counsel (Part-time Remote Opportunity!)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Founded in 1985, Advanced Technology Services is global provider
of industrial maintenance and MRO services. Technologies include
IOT sensors, computerized maintenance management system-eFactoryPro
and predictive analytics. ATS operates in the US, UK and Mexico
with 3000 plus team members.
We are in need of a part time associate counsel.
- Responsible for general legal duties in a small corporate legal
department, including contract review and negotiation, advising
business on legal issues and legal risk, managing insurance claims,
and general legal support of the business.
- Assists in contract drafting and negotiation for customer and
supplier contracts, contract management, legal risk assessment,
management of claims and litigation, records management, employment
and labor support, employee health and safety support, and special
- Keeps informed of risk factors and opportunities affecting
business operations and recommends modifications to standard
practices, contracting forms and the like.
- Stays up-to-date and keeps the legal team advised on external
governance trends, general legal issues and best practices. The
candidate may also be called upon to provide legal training to
members of management and business partners.
- Provides guidance to the Sales and Procurement teams.
- Performs legal research.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's & Juris Doctorate Degree and 2 or more years of
experience in relevant areas of law practice, with at least 1 years
at a law firm.
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to handle
sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong communication (oral & written) and negotiation skills.
Strong ability to listen, influence, and provide point of
- Experience in representing manufacturers, interacting at senior
level with business management.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and
quickly shift from one situation or task to another.
- Creative thinker to develop practical solutions to business
- Ability to balance legal risks with the need to do
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Customer Focus
- Business Acumen
Development and training:
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed
to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their
skillsets. You'll be given the resources and mentorship you need to
succeed in a company committed to education, development and
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also required
to use a telephone with headset, frequent use of a standard
keyboard and computer, and occasional use of other office
equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more
than 30 pounds. The employee is regularly required to sit for long
periods and use close and color vision. Work is typically performed
in a moderately noisy business office.
Keywords: ATS, Greenville , Associate Counsel (Part-time Remote Opportunity!), Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!