Company: Phillips and Jodran
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Concrete Finishers are responsible for smoothing and finishing
poured concrete using a variety of hand and power tools. They will
also align and set forms, inspecting completed work to ensure
proper installation, direct and supervise laborers, pour materials,
and a variety of other tasks associated with creating a completed
product within the desired scope of expectations.
- Form, pour and finish concrete;
- Work relating to the layout, site preparation, placement, and
finishing of concrete on a variety of construction projects;
- Operate motorized equipment including power tools, saws,
hammers, nails, and bolts;
- Operate a screen to level freshly placed concrete according to
grade and depth specification;
- Smooth concrete surface using either a hand trowel, long
handled "bull float" powered float, and/or riding trowel
- Cut joints/grooves in concrete with edging tools to help
control cracking, as well as layout and saw cut joints with an
early entry saw
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces;
- Monitor the wind, heat, and cold as it affects the curing of
- Set and place forms to proper elevations and location, prepare
the base and install proper reinforcing.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in foundations finishing work
- Must work efficiently and safely to meet production goals and
- Familiar with OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, stoop, lift overhead and
walk/move within various terrains.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Keywords: Phillips and Jodran, Greenville , Concrete Finisher, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!